User Reviews & Ratings - Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALPHA-LIPOIC ACID)

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALPHA-LIPOIC ACID).

«Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALPHA-LIPOIC ACID) Information

See products with Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALPHA-LIPOIC ACID)

5/1/2015 7:19:58 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Consumer)

Comment:
I took it to lower my cholesterol and it did but it also lowered my Thyroid TSH level so now I have Hyperthyroidism. Also I experienced itching on my arms and face and am now thinking ALA is the cause of this also. My Cholesterol is now in the normal range and of all the drugs I have taken to lower it, never helped but ALA did. I am thinking I have to quit using ALA because I don't want Thyro ... Show Full Comment

3/17/2015 3:36:10 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
Take 600 mg twice a day for hot flashes. It took 3 weeks before I noticed, but it does work. I also noticed a difference between GNC brand and others.

2/6/2015 11:58:20 AM

Reviewer: 75 or over Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year

Comment:
Condition diagnosed as shingles, but no rash or blisters, only pain. No shingles medication worked, only hydrocodone relieved the pain. Went all summer until I heard about ALA, tried it (what could it hurt?). Within four days my pain was gone.

9/28/2014 2:36:18 PM

Reviewer: 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
ALA did what other prescription medications for shingles did not do. The doctor is not sure I actually had shingles, as I had only pain in back and around waist, no rash or blistering. Finally, after 3 months of no improvement I read about ALA. Within a week I was almost 100% back to normal and pain free. I was amazed.

8/6/2014 2:56:59 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Brand Product: Other

Comment:
used to limit side effects from chemo for colon cancer

vitamin rich groceries
Do you know your vitamin ABCs?
St Johns wart
Ease hot flashes and other symptoms.

Are you getting enough?