Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

User Reviews & Ratings - SOY

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of SOY.

«SOY Information

1/30/2016 9:17:16 PM

Reviewer: WebMD, 45-54 on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
I started taking soy isoflavones, 40 mg for hot flashes and insomnia due to menopause. I have always been a good sleeper and need my sleep to feel well. Going into menopause I became very distressed by insomnia coupled with hot flashes. It got to the point it was making me feel physically ill, and was zapping me of all my energy. After about 1 week taking soy I noticed a big decline in the troubl ... Show Full Comment

8/13/2014 7:37:52 AM

Reviewer: Tie1978, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
The soy I took (Spring Valley brand from Wal-Mart) was effective in reducing the intensity and number hot flashes I got during the day. However, I have been suffering with extreme irrablity and from the research I've been doing soy does not seem to help with this. So, I'm switching to Maca (I heard this is supposed to help with all perimenopausal/menopausal symptoms).

7/12/2014 3:52:19 PM

Reviewer: Chrissie, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Consumer)

Comment:
Wow, what a difference! Soy Isoflavones were recommended to me by GYN Dr. to help with my peri-menopausal night sweats and hot flashes. Being a person who avoids getting on the 'prescription drug pill wagon' I decided, out of pure desperation, to give it a try. After about five days, the hot flashes and night sweats were gone and have not returned after 6 months of use! Also, I only tak ... Show Full Comment

6/13/2014 10:34:55 AM

Reviewer: bergerde, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
Using vitamin supplement with 60mg of soy and I am very surprised and happy that my hot flashes have stopped. Notice a difference after 2 weeks and after a month they are complete gone. Very Happy.

6/11/2014 11:45:31 AM

Reviewer: Santa Cruz dancing grandma, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Consumer)

Comment:
I've been drinking soy milk daily for years, but when my menopausal hot flashes came on in a torrent for more than a year, I increased my soy intake with tofu and soy granules, I believe it gradually helped my flashes ease up and disappear for about a year, I reduced my soy intake, but they have come back again, so I'm increasing it. The drawback is that the increased estrogen from soy ... Show Full Comment

vitamin rich groceries
Do you know your vitamin ABCs?
St Johns wart
Ease hot flashes and other symptoms.

Are you getting enough?