Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

User Reviews & Ratings - CHROMIUM

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of CHROMIUM.

«CHROMIUM Information

See products with CHROMIUM

1/6/2016 12:52:39 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
I was diagnosed in November 2015 and picked this up before I was prescribed Lantus. In combination my BG would go as low as 75-80. I stopped taking it simply because I would forget, holidays came and yadda yadda. My BG for two weeks without it averaged 140ish. I've just begun taking it again. I did gain 5lbs since then but that could also be a combination of too many holiday treats.

10/19/2015 1:15:36 PM

Reviewer: Turtleread, 65-74 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
After insulin, pills nothing seemed to be getting it my blood glucose down. I am taking 1000 mcg. of chromium picolinate after dinner each night. I take my reading in the morning. This morning it was 100.

7/22/2015 2:12:45 PM

Reviewer: denni, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
My insulin's have been changed due to my insurance not covering Humalog and Lantus. My sugar levels started going up every day so I happened upon an article regarding chromium. I have only been on it a week but see an improvement every day. will continue to see if it helps. I am also hoping it will help with weight control.

7/20/2015 8:15:58 PM

Reviewer: Viperkat, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Consumer)

Comment:
I was diagnosed with diabetes II in 1996. I have been on several medications over the intervening years with medium results. I started taking Chromium/Cinnamon in 2006, two tabs daily, one in the morning, and one in the evening. My fasting Blood Sugar is 97-115 and the A1c is 100. My blood pressure is also down to 67/110

6/13/2015 12:45:09 PM

Reviewer: xeus, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
1 tablet at 4 to 5 pm has lowered my fasting blood sugar from an average of 160+ to an average of 110.

vitamin rich groceries
Do you know your vitamin ABCs?
St Johns wart
Ease hot flashes and other symptoms.

Are you getting enough?