ADHD in Children Health Center Features
Should You Hire an ADHD Coach for Your Child?
- How to Retool Your Parenting Skills When Raising a Child With ADHD
A new diagnosis calls for an adjustment to your discipline strategy. Here’s what may work best for your child.
- Helping Your Child Come to Terms With Their ADHD
A new diagnosis can bring relief -- but also new worries. Here’s how to navigate them with your child.
- Tips and Strategies for Managing Life With Children With ADHD
Parents and caregivers of children with ADHD provide tips to help manage symptoms, teach coping skills, and improve daily life.
- ADHD in Children: Focus on the Positives
Can your child use certain ADHD traits to their advantage? Find out how focusing on the positives can help kids with ADHD build confidence and overcome obstacles.
- ADHD Day-to-Day
When your child has attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), it can turn your home upside down. Get tips from a developmental behavioral pediatrician to help you keep control.
- Is It Immaturity or ADHD?
If you think your child may have ADHD, take a breath. It may be something less serious.
- Should Your Child Try Neurofeedback for ADHD?
A look at neurofeedback as a treatment for ADHD symptoms in children.
- Kids With ADHD: At Risk for Risky Behavior?
Are kids with ADHD more prone to risky behaviors? If so, find out how to manage it.
- What's the Right ADHD Medication for Your Child?
Figuring out the right ADHD medicine for your child is a process. WebMD tells you which drugs do what - including their side effects.
- ADHD Medications and Scary Side Effects
Side effects from ADHD medications are rarely dangerous, but they are unsettling. Knowing how to respond will ease your mind.
- Is ADHD Real?
An ADHD diagnosis is not so clearcut. WebMD looks at the controversy surrounding this condition.
- Risky Behavior and Teens With ADHD
ADHD is linked to risky behavior in teens. Here’s what to do if your child’s having trouble.
- How to Recognize ADHD Symptoms at Every Age
Learn how to recognize ADHD symptoms in children, teens, and adults.
- How Sports Can Help Kids With ADHD
For a child with ADHD, find out how playing a sport does more than burn off extra energy.
- 7 Brain Foods for Kids
Good nutrition is part of children's brain development. Eggs, oatmeal, apples, and fish are some of the foods that have nutrients that are good for children's brains. Find out what other foods made the list.
- 8 Tips to Pick a School for Your Child With ADHD
Get tips for choosing a school for a child who has ADHD. Find out what to look for if you have several schools to choose from and how to work with your child's school, if you don't have options.
- 8 Tips for Talking With Your Child About ADHD
Tips for parents of children who have ADHD on how to talk to their child about ADHD in a supportive, encouraging way.
- ADHD and Your Child's Future Career
If your child has ADHD, their career possibilities are still wide open, as this WebMD article explains.
- ADHD: 7 Life Skills Your Child Needs to Master
These life skills are helpful for teens with ADHD to learn before leaving home for college, jobs, or their own homes.
- When Your Child's ADHD Affects You as a Couple
WebMD talks to experts about how parents can keep their child's ADHD from harming their own relationship.
- Can ADHD Be a Gift?
WebMD talks to Lara Honos-Webb, PhD, and other ADHD experts about Honos-Webb's book, The Gift of ADHD.
- ADHD in Preschool Kids
ADHD diagnosis in children as young as 4.
- When It's Not Just ADHD
WebMD talks to ADHD experts about children with ADHD who also have other conditions -- such as depression, anxiety, or learning disabilities.
- ADHD or Not? Why a Diagnosis Matters
WebMD talks to experts about what's involved in ADHD diagnosis and why a medical diagnosis matters.
- Disciplining a Child With ADHD
Experts talk about the most effective ways to discipline a child with ADHD.
- 6 Parenting Tips for Raising Kids With ADHD
If your child has ADHD, the tips here will help you discover how to help your child learn, enforce rules, and encourage good behavior.
- Summer Plans for Children With ADHD
All children get restless at some point during the summer. But children with ADHD have even bigger problems staying engaged – and safe. Here's how one mother copes.
- Minimize School Morning Mayhem for ADHD Children
Experts share tips for getting your ADHD child ready for school each morning -- with a minimum of stress.
- A Summer of Fun for Children With ADHD
A variety of day and sleep-away camps are helping children with learning disabilities blossom like a summer flower.
- Slowly, ADHD Gender Gap Closes
Doctors are starting to think that attention deficit may be as common in girls as in boys.
- The Hyperactive Child
Study suggests Ritalin is still the best medication for ADHD.
- Hyperactivity: Medical Reality or Convenient Excuse?
Contrary to the claims of some critics, there is convincing evidence that ADHD is a real disorder with a strong biological basis and that it is often underdiagnosed.