ADHD in Children Health Center News & Features
ADHD Med Errors Among Kids Have Surged in Last 2 Decades
- Should You Hire an ADHD Coach for Your Child?
ADHD coaches teach children and teens with ADHD study skills and goal setting and help them follow through. Find out what to expect.
- How to Retool Your Parenting Skills When Raising a Child With ADHD
A new diagnosis calls for an adjustment to your discipline strategy. Here’s what may work best for your child.
- Helping Your Child Come to Terms With Their ADHD
A new diagnosis can bring relief -- but also new worries. Here’s how to navigate them with your child.
- Tips and Strategies for Managing Life With Children With ADHD
Parents and caregivers of children with ADHD provide tips to help manage symptoms, teach coping skills, and improve daily life.
- ADHD in Children: Focus on the Positives
Can your child use certain ADHD traits to their advantage? Find out how focusing on the positives can help kids with ADHD build confidence and overcome obstacles.
- ADHD Day-to-Day
When your child has attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), it can turn your home upside down. Get tips from a developmental behavioral pediatrician to help you keep control.
- Is It Immaturity or ADHD?
If you think your child may have ADHD, take a breath. It may be something less serious.
- Should Your Child Try Neurofeedback for ADHD?
A look at neurofeedback as a treatment for ADHD symptoms in children.
- ADHD Medications and Scary Side Effects
Side effects from ADHD medications are rarely dangerous, but they are unsettling. Knowing how to respond will ease your mind.
- Risky Behavior and Teens With ADHD
ADHD is linked to risky behavior in teens. Here’s what to do if your child’s having trouble.
- How to Recognize ADHD Symptoms at Every Age
Learn how to recognize ADHD symptoms in children, teens, and adults.
- 8 Tips for Talking With Your Child About ADHD
Tips for parents of children who have ADHD on how to talk to their child about ADHD in a supportive, encouraging way.
- ADHD: 7 Life Skills Your Child Needs to Master
These life skills are helpful for teens with ADHD to learn before leaving home for college, jobs, or their own homes.
- When Your Child's ADHD Affects You as a Couple
WebMD talks to experts about how parents can keep their child's ADHD from harming their own relationship.
- Summer Plans for Children With ADHD
All children get restless at some point during the summer. But children with ADHD have even bigger problems staying engaged – and safe. Here's how one mother copes.
- A Summer of Fun for Children With ADHD
A variety of day and sleep-away camps are helping children with learning disabilities blossom like a summer flower.
- Slowly, ADHD Gender Gap Closes
Doctors are starting to think that attention deficit may be as common in girls as in boys.
- The Hyperactive Child
Study suggests Ritalin is still the best medication for ADHD.