IMAGES PROVIDED BY:
(1) White Packert/The Image Bank
(2) PM Images/Taxi
(3) Michael Krasowitz/Photographer’s Choice
(4) PeopleImages / Getty Images
(7) Jetta Productions/Blend Images
(8) ZenShui/Frederic Cirou
(9) Courtesy of Brookhaven National Laboratory
(10) Ian Griffiths/Robert Harding World Imagery
(11) Ed Kashi / Corbis
(12) William King/The Image Bank
(14) Chris Gallagher / Photo Researchers, Inc.
(15) Peter Dazeley/Photographer’s Choice
(16) Geoff Manasse / Photodisc
(17) Ron Chapple / Photolibrary
(18) Vicky Kasala/Photodisc
(19) Medioimages / Photodisc
(20) Sean Justice / Digital Vision
(21) Peter Dazeley/Photographer’s Choice
(23) Dorling Kindersley
(24) Jamie Grill/Blend Images
Cleveland Clinic: "ADHD in Adults."
Reimer, B. Journal of Traffic Injury Prevention, September 2007.
National Resource Center on ADHD: "Diagnosis of ADHD in Adults."
Hormone Health Network: "Thyroid Problems."
Williams, N. The Lancet, October 2010.
National Institute of Mental Health: "Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder."
U.S. National Library of Medicine: "Drug Class Review: Pharmacologic Treatments for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder."
Medline Plus: "Atomoxetine."
National Collaborating Centre for Mental Health (UK): " Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: Diagnosis and Management of ADHD in Children, Young People and Adults."
Biederman, J. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, April 2006.
The New York Times, February 2011.
CDC: "Symptoms of ADHD."
American Medical Association: "New Analysis Cites Economic Impact of ADHD," Sept, 2004.
Kessler, R. The American Journal of Psychiatry, April 2006.
Searight, H. American Family Physician, November 2000.
Nancy Ratey, EdM, author, The Disorganized Mind: Coaching Your ADHD Brain to Take Control of Your Time, Tasks, and Talents.
National Resource Center on ADHD: "Complementary and Alternative Treatments."
Eisenberg, T. BMC Evolutionary Biology, March 2008.