Next Slideshow Title
IMAGES PROVIDED BY:
(1) John Bavosi / Copyright © 2012 Photo Researchers, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
(2) X-ray mage reprinted with permission from eMedicine.com, 2008
(3) Christopher Robbins / Digital Vision / Getty Images
(4) Peter Hince / Photographer's Choice / Getty Images
(5) Dr. P. Marazzi / Photo Researchers, Inc.
(6) Copyright © Pulse Picture Library/CMP Images / Phototake -- All rights reserved.
(7) Image reprinted with permission from eMedicine.com, 2008
(8) Image reprinted with permission from eMedicine.com, 2008
(9) Image reprinted with permission from eMedicine.com, 2008
(10) A Bello / Riser / Getty Images
(11) Jose Luis Pelaez / Iconica / Getty Images
(12) Val Loh / Photonica / Getty Images
(13) Eric Audras / PhotoAlto / Getty Images
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise: "Gout - Topic Overview."
Reviewed by Jennifer Robinson, MD on May 14, 2018
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
View our slideshows to learn more about your health.