Poor Sleep Habits Increase Risk of Asthma
- Pharmacies, Hospitals Facing Shortage of Asthma Drug Albuterol
March 9, 2023 — Experts warn the ongoing shortages of a medication that hospitals and emergency rooms rely upon to treat breathing problems are likely to worsen in coming days and weeks.
- 'Smart Inhalers' May Help Diagnose and Treat Asthma – If Used
May 31, 2022 — Digital monitoring devices can help diagnose and treat hard-to-control asthma, potentially reducing the need for oral steroids or biologic therapies -- if patients use them.
- Asthma inhalers recalled
February 22, 2018 — People with asthma who use Ventolin Accuhaler inhalers are being asked to check lot numbers on their devices after a product recall.
- Long-term lung damage in women who clean
February 16, 2018 — A new European study has found women who work as cleaners or who regularly clean the family home using cleaning sprays or other products, experience a greater decline in lung function over time than women who do not clean.
- Asthma reliever-only meds linked to infertility
February 15, 2018 — Women with asthma who only use short-acting blue 'reliever' inhalers to manage their condition may be at higher risk of infertility
- Most people with asthma 'not getting basic care'
January 23, 2018 — Nearly two-thirds of people with asthma in the UK are not receiving basic levels of care for their condition, a report has found.
- Wear a scarf call to protect against asthma
December 4, 2017 — People with asthma are being encouraged to wear a scarf on cold winter days to lessen the risk of having an asthma attack.
- Better asthma diagnosis planned
November 29, 2017 — The NHS in England is planning better asthma diagnosis measures and says some people diagnosed using current tests are later found not to have the condition.
- Do dogs help prevent eczema and asthma?
October 27, 2017 — Animals are a common trigger for eczema and asthma symptoms but two new US studies show dogs may not be the enemy they are often thought to be.
- Vitamin D 'protects against asthma attacks'
October 4, 2017 — Asthma experts say new research that links vitamin D supplements with a reduction in the number of asthma attacks is promising.
- Asthma 'increases the risk of gum disease'
September 21, 2017 — People with asthma should pay particularly close attention to their oral health after research found a strong link between the condition and gum disease.
- Children's health boost from smoking bans
September 6, 2017 — Smoking bans may have significantly reduced the number of children admitted to hospital for chest infections, new research suggests.
- Mums' sugar intake linked to childhood asthma
July 6, 2017 — Eating too much sugar during pregnancy may increase the risk of allergies and asthma in offspring
- Wallpaper mould 'produces airborne toxins'
June 26, 2017 — Toxins produced by 3 different types of household mould found on wallpaper can easily become airborne and pose a threat to health, say scientists.
- Teenagers with asthma 'fear being mocked'
June 14, 2017 — Many teenagers with asthma are embarrassed to use their inhalers in front of classmates and worry they'll be mocked about their condition, an analysis has shown.
- Vitamin D in pregnancy 'could prevent child asthma'
June 1, 2017 — Mothers who take a vitamin D supplement during pregnancy could help prevent their newborn baby developing asthma and respiratory infections, say scientists.
- Does testosterone help protect men from asthma?
May 8, 2017 — Scientists believe they have discovered why fewer men develop asthma after puberty than women. They say testosterone seems to protect males against developing the condition.
- Survey: Asthma Control Still Poor
February 18, 2010 — A new survey finds little change in asthma control over the past decade, despite new and better treatments and a better understanding of the disease.
- Inhaled Steroids Safe During Pregnancy
March 11, 2003 — Inhaled Steroid Safe During Pregnancy, Don't Slow Babies' Growth
- Eating Fruit High in Vitamin C May Help Children With Asthma
April 20, 2000 — Children who eat fruit high in vitamin C may experience less wheezing and asthma, say the authors of a large study published in the medical journal Thorax.