Next Slideshow Title
IMAGES PROVIDED BY:
1) Photo Researchers Inc., Getty
2) Bilderlounge/Beyond Fotomedia
3) Ian Hooton/SPL
4) Macduff Everton/Iconica
5) Caroline Purser/Photographer’s Choice
6) Beyond Foto
7) Michel Gilles/Photo Researchers Inc.
8) Coneyl Jay / Photo Researchers Inc.
9) Ian Hooton/SPL
10) Laurent Lesache/Photo Researchers Inc
11) PHAINE/Photo Researchers Inc.
12) Marehito Toida/A.collection
13) Andreas Pulwey/F1 Online
14) Brad Wilson/Photonica
15) Science Photo Library
18) Steve Gorton/Dorling Kindersley
20) Ian Hooton/Science Photo Library
21) Emergency Emergency/Doc-Stock
22) Coneyl Jay/Photo Researchers Inc.
American Lung Association.
Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America.
Beuther, D. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, April 1, 2007.
Kirkpatrick, G.L. Primary Care, 1996.
Litonjua, A.A. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 2006.
National Heart Lung and Blood Institute.
National Health Information Center.
National Jewish Health.
Porsbjerg, C. Chest, 2006.
Smolley, L. Breathe Right Now, Norton, 1999.
Weiss, S.T. Bronchial Asthma Mechanisms and Therapeutics, 3rd ed., Little Brown, 1993.
Reviewed by Melinda Ratini, DO, MS on April 06, 2018
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
View our slideshows to learn more about your health.