With all the mood swings, you would think that dry eyes aren't a problem during pregnancy. But hormone changes can affect your vision. One result is dry eyes. This is a temporary problem and should clear up after you have your baby.
Call Doctor If:
- You have high blood pressure or diabetes and experience vision changes.
- You are seeing spots or have loss of vision.
- Use artificial tear products to help ease dry eyes. Check with your doctor first to make sure the ingredients are safe during pregnancy.
- If you wear contacts, consider switching to glasses temporarily to make your eyes more comfortable.
- Take regular eye-rest breaks, especially if you work at a computer.