Next Slideshow Title
IMAGES PROVIDED BY:
1) 3D4Medical.com / Getty
2) ISM / PhototakeUSA.com
3) Ronnie Kaufman / Blend Images
5) Andy Kettle / iStockphoto
6) David Musher / Photo Researchers, Inc.
7) BSIP / PhototakeUSA.com
8) Magan-Domingo / Age Fotostock
9) Media for Medical / Getty
10) BSIP / Getty
11) Courtesy Cologuard
12) Dr. Gopal Murti / Photo Researchers, Inc.
13) © 2005 Terese Winslow, U.S. Govt. has certain rights
14) LWA / Digital Vision
15) Medicimage / PhototakeUSA.com
16) Chris Meier / Doc-Stock
17) Tom Stewart / Corbis Edge
18) Phanie / Photo Researchers, Inc.
19) FoodCollection / Photolibrary
20) Patrik Giardino / Taxi
American Cancer Society: "Colorectal Cancer Risk Factors," "Colorectal Cancer Prevention and Early Detection," "Survival Rates for Colorectal Cancer by Stage."
Colon Cancer Alliance: "Fecal Immunochemical Test."
Exact Sciences Cologuard: "How Can I Get Screened With Cologuard?"
Harvard Health Publications: "Fecal Occult Blood Test."
National Cancer Institute: "Colorectal Cancer."
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases: "Flexible Sigmoidoscopy."
Levin, B. Gastroenterology, 2008.
Reviewed by Laura J. Martin, MD on July 31, 2018
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
View our slideshows to learn more about your health.