What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Allergy Relief-D (Cetirizine) 5 Mg-120 Mg Tablet,Extended Release to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Only When Necessary: FDA C W/COMBO PROD; POSS RISK OF GASTROSCHISIS/SIA WITH 1ST TRIMESTER EXPOSURE
- Possibly Safe:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: PROBABLY COMPATIBLE PER BRIGGS;MAY CAUSE SEDATION IN NURSING INFANT.
- Precaution: MAY DECREASE MILK SUPPLY, AND CAUSE IRRITABILITY
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Cardiovascular-Elderly are more sensitive to tachycardia and hypertensive effects. May exacerbate symptomatic coronary insufficiency. Genitourinary-May cause urinary retention. Neuro/Psych-May worsen cognitive impairment in some elderly with dementia. Insomnia risk.
- management or monitoring precaution: Increased risk for neurological side effects. Dosage adjustment may be required.
Giving Allergy Relief-D (Cetirizine) 5 Mg-120 Mg Tablet,Extended Release to a child under 12
- Contraindication: Increased sensitivity to side effects. Dose form or strength not appropriate.
- management or monitoring precaution: Safety and efficacy not established in infants age <6 months.