What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Allergy Relief-D (Cetirizine) 5 Mg-120 Mg Tablet,Extended Release to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Only When Necessary: FDA C W/COMBO PROD; POSS RISK OF GASTROSCHISIS/SIA WITH 1ST TRIMESTER EXPOSURE
- Possibly Safe:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: PROBABLY COMPATIBLE PER BRIGGS;MAY CAUSE SEDATION IN NURSING INFANT.
- Precaution: MAY DECREASE MILK SUPPLY, AND CAUSE IRRITABILITY
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Cardiovascular-Elderly are more sensitive to tachycardia and hypertensive effects. May exacerbate symptomatic coronary insufficiency. Genitourinary-May cause urinary retention. Neuro/Psych-May worsen cognitive impairment in some elderly with dementia. Insomnia risk.
- management or monitoring precaution: Increased risk for neurological side effects. Dosage adjustment may be required.
Giving Allergy Relief-D (Cetirizine) 5 Mg-120 Mg Tablet,Extended Release to a child under 12
- Contraindication: Increased sensitivity to side effects. Dose form or strength not appropriate.
- management or monitoring precaution: Safety and efficacy not established in infants age <6 months.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.