Who should not take VIMPAT?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- suicidal thoughts
- coronary artery disease
- a low supply of oxygen rich blood to the heart
- complete heart block
- second degree atrioventricular heart block
- atrial fibrillation
- atrial flutter
- sick sinus syndrome
- chronic heart failure
- orthostatic hypotension, a form of low blood pressure
- liver problems
- structural disorder of heart
- an abnormal but slight slowing of the heart called first degree atrioventricular block
- Brugada syndrome
- chronic kidney disease stage 4 (severe)
- chronic kidney disease stage 5 (failure)
- kidney disease with likely reduction in kidney function
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Vimpat?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.