Who should not take MULTAQ?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- low amount of magnesium in the blood
- low amount of potassium in the blood
- complete heart block
- second degree atrioventricular heart block
- torsades de pointes, a type of abnormal heart rhythm
- sick sinus syndrome
- slow heartbeat
- prolonged QT interval on EKG
- severe heart failure
- sudden and serious symptoms of heart failure called acute decompensated heart failure
- abnormal EKG with QT changes from birth
- a type of inflammation of the lung called interstitial pneumonitis
- a condition where there is formation of fibrous tissue in the lung called pulmonary fibrosis
- severe liver disease
- acute kidney failure
- decreased kidney function
- abnormal liver function tests
- a patient who is producing milk and breastfeeding
- increased cardiovascular event risk
- worsening of chronic heart failure
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using dronedarone oral?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.