What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering QNASL to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Not Recommended:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: MAY CAUSE ADVERSE EFFECTS IF EXCRETED. SYSTEMIC FORMS ARE EXCRETED.
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Prolonged high dose increases risk of diabetes, osteoporosis
Giving Haloperidol to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Safety and efficacy not established age < 4 years. Decreased growth velocity.
- Severe Precaution: May reduce growth rate. Monitor growth and use lowest effective dose. Increased incidence of fever, nasopharyngitis, upper respiratory infection in pediatrics.
- Severe Precaution: Use lower strength formulation age <12 years. May reduce growth rate. Monitor growth and use lowest effective dose.
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using QNASL HFA Aerosol with Adapter?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.