Who should not take COLESEVELAM HCL?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- a low amount of vitamin A in the body
- low vitamin D levels
- low vitamin K levels
- deficiency of vitamin E
- high amount of triglyceride in the blood
- stomach or intestinal tract operation
- blockage of the esophagus
- stomach muscle paralysis and decreased function
- blocked bowels with decreased peristaltic movement
- blockage of the stomach or intestine
- difficulty swallowing
- problems with food passing through the esophagus
- chronic idiopathic constipation
- the stomach and intestines to move food at a slower pace
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using colesevelam HCL?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.