What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering ALBUTEROL SULFATE to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Not Recommended:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: OBSERVE FOR TREMORS & EXCITEMENT ESPECIALLY WITH ORAL USE.
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Cardiovascular-Use caution in severe cardiovascular diseases, particularly coronary insufficiency, since beta-agonists increase heart rate and blood pressure. Endocrine-Use caution in poorly controlled hyperthyroidism or diabetes.
Giving Haloperidol to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Safety and efficacy not established for powder inhalation dose form age < 4 years.
- Severe Precaution: Safety and efficacy not established age < 2 years.
- Severe Precaution: Efficacy not established with HFA dose form age < 4 years per manufacturer.
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using albuterol sulfate vial for nebulizer Beta-Adrenergic Agents Short-Acting (Inhaled)?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.