What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Bentyl 10 Mg/5 Ml Oral Syrup to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDA B (no known animal fetal risk. Unknown human fetal risk):
If you are NURSING
- Absolute Contraindication: CONTRAINDICATED PER MANUFACTURER. MAY CAUSE APNEA IN INFANTS.
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Neuro/Psych-Highly anticholinergic which may lead to excessive sedation, increased falls and cognitive impairment. Urogenital-Use extreme caution if prostatic hypertrophy which may lead to urinary retention. Cardiovascular-Drug frequently causes tachycardia. Use cautiously in patients with tachyarrhythmia, heart failure and coronary artery disease. Vision-Use not recommended in glaucoma patients.
Giving Bentyl 10 Mg/5 Ml Oral Syrup to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: Safety and effectiveness not established in pediatric patients.
- Contraindication: Contraindicated in infants less than 6 months of age. Case reports of severe respiratory, cardiovascular or CNS adverse events.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.