What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Wehvert Tablet to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Requires a Risk/Benefit Assessment:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: OTHER ANTIHIST KNOWN TO CAUSE PARADOXICAL EXCITATION IN INFANT
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Neuro/Psych-Anticholinergic effects may cause sedation, worsen cognitive impairment and increase fall risk. Cardiovascular-May cause orthostatic hypotension at higher doses. Gastrointestinal-May cause or worsen pre-existing constipation. Genitourinary-Best avoided in patients with urinary retention from any cause.
Giving Wehvert Tablet to a child under 12
- Contraindication: Seizure risk in newborns. No safety & efficacy established.
- Severe Precaution: Safety and efficacy not established age < 12 years. Risk of seizure in newborns.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.