What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Periactin Syrup to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDA B (no known animal fetal risk. Unknown human fetal risk):
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: INSUFF DATA AVAIL; OTHER ANTIHISTAMINES REPORTED TO CAUSE SEDATION
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Neuro/Psych-Anticholinergic effects may cause significant sedation, worsen cognitive impairment and increase fall risk. Gastrointestinal-May cause or worsen pre-existing constipation. Genitourinary-Best avoided in patients with urinary retention from any cause.
Giving Periactin Syrup to a child under 12
- Contraindication: Contraindicated in newborn and premature infants. Possible CNS excitation, seizure and respiratory arrest.
- Severe Precaution: Possible CNS excitation, hallucinations, seizure and respiratory arrest. No safety and efficacy age < 2 years.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.