Who should not take Amantadine?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- malignant melanoma, a type of skin cancer
- psychotic disorder
- suicidal thoughts
- drug abuse
- closed angle glaucoma
- chronic heart failure
- orthostatic hypotension, a form of low blood pressure
- a type of skin condition with redness and itching called eczema
- visible water retention
- chronic kidney disease stage 2 (mild)
- chronic kidney disease stage 3A (moderate)
- chronic kidney disease stage 3B (moderate)
- chronic kidney disease stage 4 (severe)
- chronic kidney disease stage 5 (failure)
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
Are you currently using Amantadine?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.