Betrixaban/Selected P-glycoprotein (P-gp) Inhibitors Interactions
This information is generalized and not intended as specific medical advice. Consult your healthcare professional before taking or discontinuing any drug or commencing any course of treatment.
Moderate. These medicines may cause some risk when taken together. Contact your healthcare professional (e.g. doctor or pharmacist) for more information.
How the interaction occurs:
When these two medicines are taken together, your body may not process betrixaban properly.
What might happen:
Your blood levels of betrixaban may increase. This may cause serious bleeding.
What you should do about this interaction:
Let your healthcare professionals (e.g. doctor or pharmacist) know that you are taking these medicines together. Your doctor may want to change your blood thinner. Let your healthcare professional know if the side effects of your medicine increase or if you have any bleeding from the eyes, gums or nose; unusual bruising; dark stools; red or dark brown urine; and/or abdominal pain or swelling.Your healthcare professionals may already be aware of this interaction and may be monitoring you for it. Do not start, stop or change the dosage of any medication before checking with them first.
- 1.Bevyxxa (betrixaban) US prescribing information. Portola Pharmaceuticals, Inc. July, 2019.
- 2.Tybost (cobicistat) US prescribing information. Gilead Sciences, Inc. October, 2019.
- 3.FDA (US Food and Drug Administration). CDER application number. 208383 Bevyxxa Medical Review. acessed at: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/nda/2017/208383Orig1s000Med R.pdf June 23, 2017.
- 4.FDA (US Food and Drug Administration). CDER application number. 208383 Bevyxxa Clinical Pharmacology and Biopharmaceuticals Review. accessed at: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/nda/2017/208383orig1s000nam er.pdf June 23, 2017.
- 5.This information is based on or an extract from the UW Metabolism and Transport Drug Interaction Database (DIDB) Platform, Copyright University of Washington 1999-2019..
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.