I have suffered from intense, chronic panic attacks and general anxiety since I was a child, and doctors have tried a wide range of medicines w/out very much success. This drug has drastically reduced the frequency and severity of my panic attacks, as well as my overall anxiety. It's not a miracle drug, as I do still have troubles, but it has made them easily manageable! I do have odd dreams, but ...

i am nervous of taking beta blockers as i thought they were for heart problems.

Kaykay85 | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
5/12/2022
Condition: Migraine Prevention

I. 36 years old mu of 5 ,Been talking these for around 8 months stating off on 40 mg twice a day for migraines , my doctors increased it to 80 mg twice a day been going gym 4 times a week but I’m gaining weight rather than loosing weight and al of a souden Iv actually developed a decent pair of boobs Iv always wanted ??????? Without the rest of boyfat tho two bra sizes up in 8 months ????cheep boob job , but what do I do about the rest of my body fat if gym not helping gunner stop these med n have stretch marks now ??????didn’t even get them in pregnancy ?? Read More Read Less

Bucs11101 | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/11/2022
Condition: Anxious

Absolutely life changing drug. Suffered from terrible performance and social anxiety for many years. Timing an dosage make a huge difference, so I sugget trying differnent strategies if its not working for you. I take 20mg in the morning. For the first hour I feel a little weird (tired, brain fog), but after that hour, that 20mg lasts me the entire day. I give briefs to large audiences all day now, with no issues. Before, it was terrible. Blushing, high heartrate, clammy hands, cant talk or thing...etc. With 20mg in the morning, its been fantasitic. I have had to take another 10mg later in the day sometimes if I have a big event late. Side effects are mild for me (tired within 1st hour after taking it, cold hands and feet). This drug has truly been a life saver for those with performance and social anxiety. You can remain calm, look people in the eye and be focused on the task at hand. Read More Read Less

Mike | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/11/2022
Condition: Ventricular Rate Control in Atrial Fibrillation

Okay for the first week at 10mg 3 times daily. Ectopic heart beats disappeared almost immediately. After 1 week I was stepped up to 20 mg 3 times daily to replace anxiety and blood pressure meds. Almost immediately problems! Insomnia, frequent nighttime bradycardia with a pulse of 32 to 36bpm, erratic blood pressure readings, feelings of nausea and breathlessness. Stepped down to 10mg 3 times daily but no relief from the symptoms. Ectopic (PVC) have returned and after presenting at an emergency department yesterday I have been advised to wean off the med. But even weaning off has its downside risk of tachycardia. Read More Read Less

Trisha | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
3/21/2022
Condition: Essential Tremor

I am a 38yo female. I have had my tremor from birth. I was actually diagnosed at 18. Was told all through childhood I was just a nervous kid! My tremor is pretty bad. The meds do help some. I think it’s time for an increase.

Joel | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
3/12/2022
Condition: Anxious

200mg prescribed for anxiety - it did wonders in the moment but it does (especially the high dose) make you feel almost too relaxed and very slow. Excellent and very safe but I wouldn't suggest it for the long-long term. Basically cured the intense physical anxiety I had at the time.

Sheena | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/13/2022
Condition: Anxious

It's 3am and I have insomnia,fidgeting, dry mouth,dizziness,I can't stop moving in bed!!!! I'm so anxious it's not funny. It's only been night 1!! Taking 10 MG.

Just me | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
12/21/2021
Condition: Migraine Prevention

Cant breath for God's sake. Awful.

TS | 75 or over | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/5/2021
Condition: Essential Tremor

I have been taking 45 mg dose once/day for a week. Experience some nausea and have to take my time standing up due to some dizzy condition. My question is "will the side effects diminish with time? If so, how much time?" Thank you to anyone who can give me some answer.

Jim | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/30/2021
Condition: Anxious

I am 61 who in the past year suffer from Anxiety, once i feel the symptoms coming I take 3 10mgs and in about half hour I feel better.

janineniemiec | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/11/2021
Condition: Migraine Prevention

I have been using this for about 3 months started at 20mg and now taking 40mg. but the side effects are horrible for me. Dizzy...back pain...nausea and chest pains with cough. Talking to my dr this week hoping to get off of this

N/A | 13-18 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/26/2020
Condition: Anxious

This does not help with anxiety and rapid heart rates, instead of that it causes severe stomach pains feeling like you're getting stabbed in the stomach and feels like your gonna die, the worst anxiety medication ever, I could barely walk because of how bad these stomach cramps and pains have been affecting me every day.

Anonymous |
2/14/2020
Condition: Anxious

I was put on this after I was taken off xanax. I took xanax forv20 years. The withdrawals were awful. This med has helped with withdrawals, anxiety, bipolar,and panic attacks. So far so good

Krist | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/15/2019
Condition: Migraine Prevention

I just start taking so far so good my head still hurts but yesterday was my first dose

Just me | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/13/2019
Condition: High Blood Pressure

The only thing is I'm tired a lot but I've only been on it for a week. It did help with lowering my blood pressure and anxiety. Hopefully the tiredness will go away.

sleepy | 19-24 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/7/2019
Condition: Anxious

I take this for anxiety and to stop my hands from shaking but I already have really low blood pressure and this just makes it even lower. I feel extremely tired all of the time and cold even when I dress warm (it's spring in socal so it's in the mid 80's and I'm still wearing winter coats). I've been getting really low blood sugar as well and have almost fainted a few times (I am not diabetic). It's interfered with my studies at university and in my smaller classes, the professors have kept me after class to ask if I'm okay because I'm super pale and have a thousand yard stare. I've taken this before a few years ago and had similar problems, but I was taking it while being underweight, so now that I'm at a normal weight I thought it would change. I've been continuing to take it to see if I'm just getting used to it, but the side effects continue. It sucks because it takes away my anxiety symptoms, but the costs outweigh the benefits. Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
1/15/2019
Condition: Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia

I have supraventricular tachycardia. This medicine has done nothing to reduce my palpitations. My dose was originally 2.5 mg, then 5 mg, then 10 mg. Now 20 mg. Nothing has changed,.

Justme | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/11/2018
Condition: Migraine Prevention

HIVES, HIVES, HIVES. My mouth swole, my hands and feet itched to the high heavens and my doctor ignored it all. I took myself off and on no longer itching (or seeing that doctor).

ralph | 65-74 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
6/10/2018
Condition: Essential Tremor

I have been on inderal,porpanol,and valium for some 30 year's this mixture has helped alot. I just think there should be something else instead of increasing the mg. every 10yrs. or so.

Viv2 | 35-44 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
1/3/2018
Condition: Essential Tremor

41 yr old female with an essential tremor since birth that had been worsening with age, history of terrible migraines that could last up to a week, occasional irregular heartbeat, and PTSD with an increasing number of anxiety attacks. Been taking propanolol for almost 2yrs now. At first I experienced a lot of nausea and trouble sleeping when taking 20mg 3x a day. Dr. then put me on the time release capsule. I get nauseous about an hour after taking it but all in all it is worth it to me because I rarely have migraines now, I only shake from my tremor now if I forget to take my daily pill and my ptsd and anxiety attacks have also improved immensely. I feel normal again for the first time in a really long time.Read More Read Less

sheila | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/16/2017
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Took this drug due to previous problems with Lisinopril and allergy to Amlodipine. Started 3 weeks after allergy to Amlodipine. Only used 6 days. Did not affect BP much. Nerve pain. Lump in throat. Breakout of red rash all over body. Took myself off it. Extreme dizziness.