My doctor prescribed Nizoral shampoo to treat a severe case of dandruff and itchy scalp that had plagued me for years. It works like a charm. Usually I only have to use it once or twice a week, but can use it more often if necessary. It completely clears up the condition, though I guess there is no permanent "cure." Very high satisfaction with this medicine, would recommend it to anyone with dandr...

my specific instructions were to shampoo my hair everyday with the keto--, and wash my entire body down to my knees, allowing shampoo to set on my skin for 5 minutes. I am african american therefore I found this treatment to be very inconvenient as far as the process of washing my hair everyday. the frequent use of the shampoo caused my hair to become extremely brittle and dry. As a result my hai...

Savagino | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
9/21/2015

I have seborrheic dermatitis in my scalp. I swear that if the wind blows, my dandruff will make what appears to be snow drifts. Unfortunately, Nizoral doesn't appear to be effective. I've tried using salicylic acid based shampoo followed by a Nizoral treatment, which marginally improves my condition. Also, I've tried various other medicated shampoos without much success. My battle with seborrheic dermatitis seems to be one without an end in sight.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | Patient
8/10/2012
Condition: Fungal Infection of Skin

I used the generic medication and it seemed to stem the itching and redness, spread of the inflamation around my mouth; however, I needed another medication to use around my eyelids.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
7/3/2012
Condition: Scaly Oily Skin Problem Primarily On Face and Scalp

i've used Nizoral shampoo over the counter off and on for the past 15 years. It works the best out of all the shampoos I've tried for the scaly stuff i get on my head.

billy | 75 or over | Male | Caregiver
4/10/2012
Condition: Scaly Oily Skin Problem Primarily On Face and Scalp

i need to know if i can use this medication or not.i take meds for parkinsons disease,and i have seen in one of the med warning slips not to use ketoconazole.

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver