Tried Niaspan and had terrible flushing side effects. This seems to work better for me and no side effects. I also recommend Flax Plus cereal by Nature's Path. Each servings contains 500 mg of Omega 3 and it tastes good. This along with my medication have my lipid profile where it needs to be.

More and stronger gas

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
9/8/2017
Condition: High Amount of Triglyceride in the Blood

Been taking for 3 years. Dropped Triglyceride from 1200 to 250's when taken consistently. Difficult to remember to take (30 min before morn/eve meals)and causes mucous buildup in throat.

Terri | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/7/2017
Condition: High Amount of Fats in the Blood

I started taking two pills 600 mg of Gemfibrozil per day on 6-30-17 and stopped as of 9-6-17 due to intense pain in both shoulders and neck. The next day I felt a big difference as most of the pain subsided 75%. Also I had no motivation to do anything. I felt sluggish and tired all the time. Now that I stopped this medication I will start eating oatmeal and whole grain cereals to get my cholesterol down. My cholesterol levels are in the 300's. I will never restart this medication!

john doe | 25-34 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/25/2017

This medicine does not work, it made me sick, and not taking no more, posion pill!!!

New Teetotaler | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/10/2017
Condition: High Amount of Triglyceride in the Blood

In two months time, my Triglycerides dropped from over 1,100 to 242. My cholesterol level dropped from 380 to 198. However, at the beginning of this two-month period, I also became a teetotaler, which I am sure contributed to the dramatic drop in these numbers. No side effects.

beverly | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/1/2016
Condition: High Amount of Triglyceride in the Blood

After 6 months the numbers have not been that great and now I'm having pain in my shoulder, knees and achilles tendon. These are the same symptoms I experienced when taking a statin. I'm planning to stop this drug for a while to see if these symptoms disappear.