Dangerous if not used properly! I have used Afrin for the past few years periodically to relieve sinus congestion due to a cold. Recently, I used the spray for longer than the recommended 3 days to relieve congestion from a particularly bad sinus cold. I am a fairly large guy and figured I could handle the increased dosage...bad idea. After a week of use (3-4 times per day...sometimes more) I deve...

Afrin keeps me up all night! My mother noticed that my left pupil started varying sizes rapidly and my vision was a little blurry. I'm sure I didn't spray my eye. And I am not taking any other drug. These effects eventually wore off.

beersnob | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/26/2017
Condition: Stuffy Nose

I woke up after using 1 time with very blurred vision went to Dr. asap cleared up after several drops. Will never use again.

Anonymous | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/15/2017
Condition: Stuffy Nose

LOVE IT..THIS SINUS SPRAY WORKS LIKE A MAGIC, I USED AT NIGHT AFTER I COULDN'T ABLE TO SLEEP DUE TO CONGESTED NOSE SOON AS I USED THE SPRAY, THE SWELLING WENT DOWN VERY FAST I SLEPT VERY WELL.

ssaa | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/7/2016
Condition: Stuffy Nose

Afrin works wonders for me. Whenever I have a really bad stuffy nose that I can't breathe through my nose, I use this and my nose is cleared within 5 minutes. I only need 2 sprays in each nostrils at night and it will last me until the next morning. During the day as I move about, the nose won't stay blocked so I don't use Afrin during the day. It helps me to sleep at night comfortably.

Jill | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/11/2015
Condition: Stuffy Nose

Afrin works extremely well for me. The effects are immediate. I go from being unable to breathe to breathing comfortably through a clear nose in about 5 minutes. It does make me sneeze a lot temporarily, but only for about 20-30 minutes after I use it. I recommend it.

Courtney | 13-18 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/20/2015
Condition: Runny Nose

Given to me by my mother for a runny nose, it did not work. I sprayed it once in each nostril and immediately felt a horrible stinging sensation in my nose. I thought that meant it was working but I was very wrong. I will admit that it did stop my runny nose for a good 5 minutes. Not long after my mouth started to water and I found myself haveing to spit every 20 seconds. Then my nose started running again and I felt a sudden wave of weakness. And to top it off, my stomach decided this was not good for me and I had to try to throw it up twice. I took this medication about 30 minutes ago and now im still spitting it up and my nose wont stop dripping. Do not recommend taking this. With side effects like these, it is NOT worth it.