Flovent is the only asthma prevention drug that has worked for me. Once I was unable to get a refill for a couple of weeks, and I noticed a significant difference in my lung capacity, wheezing and chronic cough.

MY SON TAKES FLOVENT, DIFFICULT FOR HIM TO USE AND NOT GREAT AT PREV ATTACKS DURING PEAK SEASONS.

StEVV | 45-54 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
3/11/2021
Condition: Asthma

I have used Flovent (Fluticasone) for more than a decade. It is an excellent maintenance inhaler; however, during respiratory infections it has been sometimes necessary to use a combination long-acting bronchodialator and steroid. Once back under control, I return to Flovent. I have never experienced mood changes, hunger, low blood sugar, etc. I would recommend Flovent as a baseline maintenance med for anyone with moderate to severe asthma. The greatest negative is the price as it not available in a generic form.Read More Read Less

JanA | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
9/7/2017
Condition: Controller Medication for Asthma

I have had great results using this inhaler for 20 years. Important to keep the unit clean, and rinse mouth after use. Unfortunately , my new insurance does not cover it, so I must change.

eccrab2aol.com | 65-74 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
11/23/2015
Condition: Asthma

This Flovent is not good for me, I got several infections & hives I now use QVAR-40 MCG TWICE A DAY I also changed my doctor! This is excellent for me; calming down the inflammation. Laurel should talk to your doctor about trying QVAR-40 MCG INHALER

niks | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/8/2014
Condition: Asthma Prevention

took flovent as preventative measure, instantly got severe dry throat and it didn't seem to help (asthma seemed to worsen), ended up taking my rescue inhaler more often then before... i would recommend qvar it helped after just one dose

mommabear | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
9/23/2014
Condition: Allergic Asthma

My 2 year old daughter has been on this medication for a 4 month stint back in April 2014 and by August I took her off. She was more irritable and there was an obvious change in her demeanor. Now, she has been off it for a month and I am seeing MY little girl again. Trying to find and allergist/asthma specialist.

Monique | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/2/2014
Condition: Asthma

After only 5 doses my throat is burning and dry, my cough is worse, it has NOT helped my breathing at all. I'm stopping this medication now, before this gets any worse. Why would a doctor prescribe something that doesn't help in the least? I don't get it.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | Caregiver
2/21/2014
Condition: Asthma

My three year old child experiences severe anger when using this drug.

Lady Reg 343e7 | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/7/2013
Condition: Asthma

I never had asthma just a cold. My doctor prescribe this drug for whizzing he heard. I took this drug for five days. My feet started to swell, breathing problems, and anxiety attacks and I'm menopausal. Emergency room visit for me. Changed doctors and waiting for all of these symptoms to go away.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
10/27/2013
bronch | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/23/2013

It has ended chronic bronchitis by stopping inflammation and thus stopping excess mucos production in the bronchial tube. only side effect was hoarseness which decreased in a few days

Yvonne | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/17/2013
Condition: Asthma

Has helped my asthma but I have been having some side effects; harness, abdominal cramps and now hives on my face. Has anyone experienced this

RLA | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
6/2/2013
Condition: Allergic Asthma

My 4 year old son started this 5/25 & seems to be breathing so well. No need to use albuterol nor the prednison. BUT now has rashes in various parts of his body. They look swollen. Has anyone had that reaction??

heddahopper43 | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/18/2013
Condition: Severe Chronic Obstructed Lung Disease

I was put on this med because the emphesema was getting worse. It has improved my breathing but have noticed swelling in hands,feet and face as well as weight gain. I am hungry a lot which has contributed to the weight gain! It has only been a month or so on this med and the weight gain has been rapid.

Sandy27 | 7-12 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Caregiver
3/16/2013
Condition: Asthma Prevention

My 12 y.o. son has taken this for a few years now. It has totally kept him from having to take his albuterol. He also takes a nasal spray and singulair every night because asthma seems to be related to allergies. He only takes the flovent once at bedtime too. My youngest son, now 7 y.o. has been having asthma symptoms for about a year now. Dr. prescribed him flovent about a month ago. And withing days, he has not had to have his albuterol at all and he was taking it almost everyday. My youngest has more aggressive moments than the oldest son. But he had that before he started taking the flovent. It's not over-aggression, Just karate kicking and trying to rough-house with his brother. Normal boy stuff. They have no issues with aggression with other kids at school and they both are on the honor roll with A+'s in Conduct. I was kind of surprised by the amount of reviews that told of aggression and other symptoms because my children really have none. Flovent has been a real help as far as controlling the asthma attacks at random.Read More Read Less

JB | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
2/8/2013
Condition: Allergic Asthma

I took this medicine for six months, my allergies were somewhat controlled but the side effects were just too much. My face was getting puffy, joint pains, gained about 14 pounds and my sex drive diminished. When I stopped taking the medicine, I went back to normal. I went for three months without taking anything, my allergies come back and now I am using albuterol. It seems to help, I will never take flovent.

sooptimystic | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
7/19/2012
Condition: Asthma

My son has been using this medication. It works wonders for his asthma symptoms, however it makes him very aggresive. I'm not sure if the risks are worth it

Meme | 75 or over | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/20/2012
Condition: Asthma

After using for about 2 weeks I woke at 3AM starving. Have had to eat every 3-3.5hrs. since. Will discontinue med.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/28/2011
Condition: Asthma

My chest and throat were burning so bad from flovent. It also made my breathing worse. I told my dr he insisted that I keep taking it. I took it for over a month then discontinued it on my own. Don't always listen to DRs listen to your body. Once I stopped taking this medication the burning went away and my breathing got better

eve | 3-6 | Male | Caregiver
9/27/2011
Condition: Asthma

my 5yr old son has been on flovent for 2yrs, he started at 44mcg then 110mcg now he's on 220mcg ever since he was put on the 220mcg his asthma has been controled no more emergency room visit thanks to his Doctor. sometimes I forget to give him the medication and he gets a bad headache, His Doctor says is not the medicaion but I think it is. I dont know for sure, anyway I'm keeping a daily log it's important to keep track.

Anonymous | 0-2 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
6/16/2011
Condition: Asthma

My 2 yr old son started on this medication and within a few weeks he was hoarse and coughing more. He was seen by another specialist who said that the medication was causing polyps on his throat and vocal cords. He either needed to quit taking the medication or have surgery. After I had him off the Flovent for 1 month his voice returned normal and the polyps were almost completed gone.