I've been using this drug for about 20 years and it has been extemely effective in controlling my Crohn's disease. I've had no side effects and no reoccurances since I been on this drug. I have my blood checked every 3 months, no problems.

I still had a UC flare up in spite of increased dose. Recently had B-12 and folate anemia, but seems to have cleared up with prescription pre-natal vitamins (not for pregnancy). Recently learned that my doctor was suprised to find out that brand name drug "Imuran" was substituted with generic azathioprine and she said that they are different in the way the dosages are prescribed and that could e...

BB | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/19/2021
Condition: Systemic Lupus Erythematosus

I've been taking Azathioprine for over two months now (May 2021) for my lupus. First on low dose then it was raised after a few weeks of taking it. There has been no improvement for me but there has been problems that was caused by Azathioprine. There has been blood in my urine, stomach irritation, occasional nausea, fatigue (even though I'm often fatigue because of lupus & other medications) as well as hair loss. When I was first diagnosed with lupus in April 2020, my symptoms were getting worse & hair loss happen majorly. By mid-October 2020 I was hospitalized for over a month. I started to improve but still not my full self. Still aches & pain but my hair was starting to grow back. However, taking Azathioprine has caused me to lose my hair again but in noticeable areas. Azathioprine isn't working for me & causing me problems.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
10/6/2017
Condition: Ulcerated Colon

Ulcerative Colitus for 6 years. Used Prednisone to bring UC under control, and Imuran has been a stable med during remission. Using for 3 years. No know side effects.

Anonymous | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/15/2017
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

When arthritis flares up put on to control however, I am a diabetic and glucose levels get extremely high. Also tapering, don't like to take steroids swell up and hunger increases.

Barbara | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/13/2017
Condition: Crohn's Disease

I first started with this medication on 50mg. But after 5 days I started getting side effects. Abdominal swelling, pain, red blotches on my forearms, and unusual small bumps on my forearm. Now on 25 MG for 4 days now.

Rick_G | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
3/4/2016
Condition: Ulcerated Colon

Was diagnosed with ulcerative proctitis in 1985. Was upgraded to UC in 2012. Tried canasa, anusol, budesonide, uceris, etc., all didn't help much. Started Imuran 100mg daily, as well as Lialda; been taking for 15 months now. Pretty much been in remission. Changed my quality of life for the better. I almost feel normal!