I write this with the intention to share my experiences with the highly potent and very addictive medication, Fentanyl. I myself use the Duragesic Patches (by Janssen), I have found through trail and error that the patches Fentanyl (the Generic brands by other companies just don't have the same Strength or potency as this brand name I use). I have unfortunately been on the patches for what seems l...

It has ruend my life I am know homeless becouse of this drug that was miss diagnosed to me, I am currently trying to get help to get off of this crap. if you have any ideas let me know. It has kept me from keeping a job I have tryed to kill myself a couple of times by the way thanks who ever let the jerk who gave it to me Improperly.

Gonia | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
3/16/2020

At time I was prescribed this patch (10+ years ago), I had no idea how potent this medication was. I just new it really helped. For the first time in years I was able to live normally, doing all the things I loved. My depression vanished and I was absolutely thrilled to feel alive again. I also loved the fact I never got a "high" that you would suspect getting from pain medications. It was working so well I felt I could decrease it and decided to cut it in half like I did with my Flector Patches (anti-inflammatory). After which, I literally felt like I was 20 and life seriously couldn't be better. I was even able to water-ski again! Well, my next Dr visit, he explained why I felt so good...because I cut the patch in half I was getting a steady massive mega dose of the fentanyl. DO NOT CUT IN HALF. To this day I don't know why I didn't show any symptoms of overdosing those couple of weeks. All the while I thought I was decreasing my dose I could have easily been killing myself! That day, the more I learned of it's potency and dangers, I chose do stop it. Sad because of how effective it was but grateful I was still alive, I'll always have my memories of how great life was during the time I used the patch. Just be careful if this medication is still prescribed. I was lucky!

Anonymous | 65-74 | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
8/23/2019
Condition: Chronic Pain with Narcotic Drug Tolerance

I have had sufficient pain relief from the fetynal patch. From most of the reviews I've noticed one of the biggest problems is have the patch stay on. There are different brand names of the drug and I will only use Mylan brand. The majority of time it stays on with no problems.

What a mess | 55-64 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
8/13/2016
Condition: Chronic Pain with Narcotic Drug Tolerance

My md added the patch when my oxycodone 10-325 were not keeping my pain in check. At first no problems, but after several years I could not keep the patch from falling off. Md recommended tegaderm dressings. Wow how I wish someone had told me about them earlier even though I had complained many times. For the past four months I have told my mad about the debilitating sweat attacks that I have been experiencing, hours on end. Sweating, cold chills, just unrelenting. The only thing that helps is for me to take additional oral (oxycodone) melds, approximately every hour until I can make them stop. Because of my fear of overdosing I do not put on my next patch until prescribed. Dosage 50MCG/HR patch. At present my Md has not done anything.

Jo | 65-74 | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
1/10/2016
Condition: Chronic Pain with Narcotic Drug Tolerance

This medication has been a great help to my chronic pain of my back. I have found however the instructions to change the patch every 3 days is too long. I have to change mine every 48 hours to keep the pain controlled in a even way. When it is every 3 days it created too many highs and lows.

Hiryzer | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
8/21/2015
Condition: Chronic Pain with Narcotic Drug Tolerance

I sweat allot in the heat, the patch stopped adhering to my skin if I was to sweaty. This also happened with a brand new patch. Another thing which surprised me was that the patch held up great in my pool, as long as I didn't sweat.