This is day 9 of being smoke free. This stuff is amazing! I did a lot of research on this drug and was terrified by all the side effects. I take it with food as everyone advised and I am fine. The dreams are ususally really amusing and can be remembered vividly upon waking. One thing I did as I am 125 pounds and can be sensitive to drugs is that I would break the starter pills in half and take par...

This is the first time we know of that aggression/violence has been clearly documented as a side effect in a peer reviewed scientific journal. This raises the question of whether (Chantix) is suitable for use in the military, by police and others who are already in stress situations. One key characteristic of these events is uncontrollable rage. Not a good side effect for people paid to carry guns...

Kappy98 | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/16/2021
Condition: Stop Smoking

I am 42 years old and I have been smoking for about 18 years. I've tried quitting cold turkey, nicotine gum and lozenges. Needless to say, none worked. My last resort was Chantix and fast forward to today I am now 3 months in smoke-free. This product has worked a miracle in my life! I never thought I would ever be smoke free. My experience with Chantix has been great. I smoked during the first week of taking Chantix while the medication was building up in my system. I set my quit day to coincide with me taking the first full dosage of the medicine. I did experience a little nausea the first day, but that was because I did not eat before I took the medication. Taking it on a full stomach stopped the nausea. I also experience somewhat vivid dreams, but they were actually good dreams and not nightmares. The first two weeks the cravings were intense, but I kept myself busy by working out, reading books or taking long walks. After that, the cravings started to subside. I still have cravings today, but they pass after a minute or so. I did not avoid situations that would be triggers because for me avoidance was not an option. I am a sociable person and have many friends who smoke, so I had to meet that challenge head on. Surprisingly, it was not as hard as I thought it would be. I am in the process of preparing to stop taking the medication, so I am gearing myself up for any potential downsides. I highly recommend Chantix for anyone who's considering quitting smoking. Talk to your doctor and go for it! It has changed my life and I can wake up everyday and say I am a Non-Smoker!

Janice | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/13/2021
Condition: Stop Smoking

I am 51 years old and have been smoking since the age of 14. I've tried and failed several times at quitting smoking and did not try Chantix in the past because someone told me negative side effects they had had. I started Chantix on March 1st 2021 30 day starter pack. The 30 days were easy no cravings no side effects at all in fact I felt like it was a little happy pill. I'm now over 3 months not smoking and I feel fantastic. I do get cravings every now and then that lasts a few minutes and go away. I really wish I would have tried this Years ago . Janice .

Lvh | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/3/2021
Condition: Stop Smoking

I have been smoking got about 20 years. By the end of the 1st week cravings were gone, 2nd week I was able to break the habit. As far as side effects go the dreams aren't bad very few scary ones but a lot of vivid dreams. The only real down side is the stomach issues. For about 20 mins after taking the pill I feel really nauseous and I've experienced a lot of gas and diarrhea. I've tried taking it before eating, after eating, without food, with water, with milk, everything I could think of to try to ease the stomach issues but have found nothing that works. Ultimately the few minutes of nausea and upset stomach are worth it in the long run for how easy it is made it to quit smoking. I've been able to be cigarette free for two months now even though I live with two smokers. To my to talk my husband into trying it. I want him to stop to for health reasons and I think it will be easier to stay smoke free if we both do it

Antoinette T. | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/15/2021
Condition: Stop Smoking

I had been smoking almost 30 years. After taking a stand and wanting to quit. I started on Chantix.The first week I continued to smoke and take Chantix. It did made me feel a little queasy to the point where I did not want a cigarette for the reason of being a tad nauseous. By week two, I no longer craved a cigarette. I learned that my smoking was more out of habit than addiction. Week three, I told myself I will not buy cigarettes at all. I was truly amazed that the craving was no longer there. At the end of week 3 I had quit completely even with the fact that my husband still smoked cigarettes right in front of me. He also wanted to quit so I encouraged him to use Chantix. It has been 4 months for me and 3 months for my husband of being SMOKE FREE!!. I sometimes forget that I used to even smoke cigarettes. I definitely would encourage those who are wanting to quit smoking cigarettes to use Chantix no doubt.

Joan | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/12/2021
Condition: Stop Smoking

I smoked since I was in my 20's. I tried everything to stop but nothing worked. I tried Chantix and was amazed at the change in my urge to smoke. After 2 weeks, I was able to stop smoking because the urges had been diminished to a slight level, enough to keep me from lighting up!