This is the first non-narcotic cough syrup that has controlled my bronchial spasms, but at $78 for 8 oz it's not cost effective at all. Tussinex is 1/2 the price and works better. Since I drive for a living, atuss is the better choice for me. The taste is better than most cough syrups.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
1/25/2011
Condition: Cold Symptoms

I was giving this medicine to my 3 year old son for a cough and runny nose.. The medicine worked great wiped out the cough and congestion, but it made him wake up in the middle of the night everynight he took it. He would stay up for at least 2 hours before going back to sleep.. When I stopped the medicine he slept through the night again.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/11/2010
Condition: Cough
mother of a cougher | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Caregiver
3/21/2010
Condition: Cough

My son has taken this medicine for a couple of years now. About 3 times a year he gets a severe cough and I cant find anything to stop it but this medication. It does make him extremly sleepy but we give it to him at bedtime and it lets him get a good nights rest without coughing and within 2 to 3 days this cough is entirley gone.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/24/2009
Condition: Cough

My doctor prescribed this medicine for me because I had a bad cough. I also have high blood pressure. After only one dose my blood pressure went to 215 over 99. I had to go to the emergency room because I felt dizzy. I will never take this medication again.

Lisa | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/26/2009
Condition: Cough

I had a horrible cough for over a week (flu) and I have asthma. I sought relief of prescription medication without narcotics. This medication has some unpleasant side effects (dry/numb mouth, taste nasty, makes you sleepy) but it works, it kept my cough at bay (I was coughing so hard I was throwing up, headaches, and seeing black. I was able to get some rest at night and go outside without people thinking I was deathly ill.