While I was emptying my colon for a medical test in the morning, I got very hot, broke out in a sweat, then got a very cold sweat. It lasted about ten minutes. I am 72 years old and have never fainted, but I thought it might happen. I have prepped for two previous colonoscopies, and, nothing like this has happened before.

I can't find anywhere that says what you are supposed to feel like after the enima. Any suggestions?

Fleet Enema | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/10/2021
Condition: Emptying of the Bowel

Having been on Methadone Maintenance for over 20 yrs now, let's just say constipation cones with the territory. I'll go a month without having a BM all the time.. I usually just ignore it and eventually I'll go...but now that I'm older it's not that simple anymore.. I've had maybe 2 decent BM's over the past 2 months..I've ALWAYS had the worst experience with laxatives so I'll do almost anything to keep from having to go that route.. the last time I went this long without "going" I decided I would try a Fleet enema and boy howdy was that a horrible idea .. Although it did do what it was suppose to do, it also did ALOT that it probably wasn't suppose to do.. about 10 mins after doing the enema I felt a sudden urge to go followed by excruciating stomach pain/cramps .. I sat on that toilet and thought I was literally dying. . The pain was just horrific... & then I felt hot all over with cold sweats.. I got very dizzy and light headed, I thought I was about to pass out. .. I started seeing black spots everywhere and I even seen stars.. I was having heart palpations... the cramps tho, omg I was crying it hurt sooo bad..and let me tell you I didn't even cry when I gave birth to both my kids NATURALLY..my legs were shaking and felt tingly like they were going to sleep so I had to try to move my legs around some and that wasn't very easy to do.. but I did finally "go" & at first it was normal & then it was diarrhea.. and ALOT of it..... So here I am today, haven't had a good BM in about 2 months and I feel so bloated & my back hurts ...I've been researching" GENTLE” Laxatives and I couldn't believe Fleet Enema popped up... so now idk what to do, which one do I try this time? I just don't wanna go thru that painful, horrendous event ever again . I don't ever drink water either and under these circumstances that's not very smart of me.. Today I'm gonna try a Dulcolax Suppository... I'm praying to the poop gods that it will do the job. ?????????? Good luck to all and God bless ??Read More Read Less

CPT | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
8/3/2021
Condition: Incomplete or Infrequent Bowel Movements

Why would I be unable to squeeze any of the liquid into my bum?

Poop please | 35-44 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/19/2019
Condition: Incomplete or Infrequent Bowel Movements

Backed up for over 2 weeks due to steroid and pain meds. Relief within 10mins. Replaced the cotton of a tampon with the tablet to insert. Easy, painless and mess free!

Stuck | 45-54 | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
8/16/2019
Condition: Incomplete or Infrequent Bowel Movements

Extremely easy to use and always effective. I sometimes use it once or twice a week.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/4/2017
Condition: Emptying of the Bowel

Quick and easy to use . Did the job . No complaints !

Kaya | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/15/2017
Condition: Emptying of the Bowel

This solution irritated and burned my system.

Anonymous | 75 or over | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/17/2016
Condition: Emptying of the Bowel

Solution irritating, left me sore for several hours

betternow | 25-34 | Male | Patient
8/17/2015
Condition: Incomplete or Infrequent Bowel Movements

experiencing constipation a fleet enema was recommended. I found the tip difficult to insert and had to add Vaseline to make it comfortable. 4-5 minutes after the enema I had very uncomfortable cramps. Minutes later, passed a few hard stools and that was it. Still constipated, next day spoke with nurse, got an enema bag and took 1 each soapsuds and plain water enemas which worked immediately with little discomfort. This worked so well it will be my future treatment of choice.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient

10/25/2009
MsDeb | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
10/7/2008
Condition: Incomplete or Infrequent Bowel Movements

Over the course of time, I find myself looking for another position in which to try. Also, I find myself using (2) in lieu of (1).

suffering | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/29/2008

developed stomach cramps

Anonymous | 3-6 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
2/18/2008
Condition: Emptying of the Bowel

Cleaned my client out, but caused some soiling following night, also stools came out a bit too fast for her liking.