I have only been using Aczone for about a month. My doctor put me on this along with Retin-a Micro to assist in the breakout period that comes along with Retin-a Micro. So far I have seen positive results, though I still have a long way to go (dry skin and some redness.) Just a tip (I didn't know this beforehand) Wait 20 minutes after cleansing to apply product.

i think this is just white gel in a tube. no positive effects whatsoever...none

San | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/3/2020
Condition: Acne

My acne started to get horrible in March and I went to the dermatologist because nothing was helping(face masks, tretinoin, apple cider vinegar, tea tree oil) plus my skin is so sensitive. My dermatologist prescribed me .005% topical aklief cream for night, 7.5% topical aczone cream in the day time, and oral doxycycline pills. I followed my dermatologists guildlines and I saw a HUGE difference in my skin 4 months later. When I first starting using this my skin broke out SO bad, was so dry and itchy, and was always red. It was like this for about 3 months, but then it started to clear up and I was so happy. Please don’t give up after a month or so because the long term outcome will great! :) the only thing I didn’t like about this medication, in the way I used it, is when applied without moisturizer it turns white on your face. But if you apply moisturizer prior to applying aczone it won’t turn white. Moral of the story don’t give up on it and trust the process!!! :)

BummedOut | 25-34 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/13/2020
Condition: Acne

I visited a dermatologist with the hope of addressing the acne scar marks and light acne I had along the sides of my face, closer to my ears and hair, as well as some rosacea that had over the last year or two appeared on my cheeks. I was hoping to get on a Tretinoin cream, as that had worked for me in the past. Instead, I was put on Aczone. After using it for 3 months, it seems like my skin has gotten so much worse! I don't really break out on the sides of my face anymore, however, I am constantly breaking out along my t-zone again right on top of all the rosacea making my face an acne-ridden, blotchy mess. I haven't had to deal with this kind of obnoxious acne in years, and it's very self-defeating to have it again. I was trying to so hard to continue Aczone, thinking "it has to get worse before it gets better", but after 3 months I am giving up because what I was dealing with beforehand was way more preferable to what I'm dealing with now. At this point I'm only hoping I can return to what I had!

cg | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
2/18/2020
Condition: Acne

This works amazingly well and doesn't dry my skin like so many other topical acne creams and lotions (and I've used a lot). Unfortunately it's SO EXPENSIVE. I've been able to find a discount through CarePoint, which is $60 a bottle about 6-8 weeks. My insurance doesn't cover this and estimates my out of pocket cost would be over $2,000 for this drug. WHAT THE ACTUAL F?!

Cait | 25-34 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
6/20/2018
Condition: Acne

I have tried so many topical treatments for my cystic hormonial acne, none ever seemed to work. I peeled very bad from the Retnol's and peroxide that I had been prescribed for years. My dr suggested Aczone along with spriolactone as a last effort before acutane. I took the spirolatone for about a year and I saw a difference however, I was using the aczone as a spot treatment, I found it did take the redness out, but when I started using it once a day before bed it made a huge difference! I haven't had the angry breakouts I was having for years prior and Aczone did not make me peel! I am using 5% Aczone prescription. I really like this product

many rivers to cross | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/10/2018
Condition: Acne

This medicine was prescribed for cystic acne. I used this for around 2 weeks. My skin is really sensitive and I was originally concerned because it was a lotion and not a gel, it seemed oily to the touch when you applied it. It just made my acne worse. I broke out in more deap cysts on my chin area and also on my forehead. Obviously I stopped using it.. not waiting the 3 months like they say it takes to see results. I believe if it's gonna work on you, you should see some kind of improvement and not a worsening effect.