I had 2 injections in 2010 and haven't been the same since. I had severe episodes of flushing, muscle weakness and fatigue, confusion, "mind fog", memory issues, and many other symptoms as well.

Jenabis84 | 35-44 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/1/2019
Condition: Anemia from Inadequate Iron

Severe iron deficient anemia (Ferritin 1.9). Last week I received my first dose of Feraheme and within seconds of it entering my veins my face flushed, severe right jaw pain and insane pressure in my chest to the point I couldnâ??t breathe. Doctors and nurses were super quick with stopping the treatment and injecting prednisone and Benadryl to treat the allergic reaction. I was monitored for a bit and then was released and basically crashed for the rest of the day. I felt like I was hit by a truck. Today I went back and they pretreated me with prednisone and Benadryl then started a slowwww dose of Venofer. My blood pressure dropped to 90/60 but besides that I had no other side effects. Definitely a much better reaction today. Feraheme legit almost killed me.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 35-44 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/17/2018
Condition: Anemia from Inadequate Iron

Iâ??m vegetarian and I suffered from iron deficiency for long time. I was on/off on the oral iron pills. Recently after my miscarriage, I became anemic again. I went to my haematologist , the nurse practitioner prescribed me this feraheme iron infusion. On the day of the infusion, she gave me steroid through IV as precaution. Then waited for 15 mints and started this feraheme infusion, within seconds of this infusion, I experienced severe anaphylaxis reaction, I literally thought Iâ??m going to die . But with godâ??s grace and nurse quick action, helped me survive. I have follow up appt with doctor to discuss further steps in treating my iron Deficiency and I donâ??t be going back for any more infusion. This incident actually scared me very much. I never had any experience like this before.Read More Read Less

bella | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/3/2018
Condition: Anemia from Inadequate Iron

have had celiac and crohns for 5 years, iron levels started dropping after i went vegetarian. during a normal blood work check, GI dr discovered iron to be at 4. sent me to a hematologist to get iron infusions. within seconds of this feraheme infusion i went into anaphylaxis. thought that i was dying. needless to say i’m not doing anymore iron infusions...

Sheeba | 55-64 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
11/15/2016
Condition: Anemia from Inadequate Iron

I handled the injection April 2013 and was fine. 2 months following the injection, I developed Bradycardia, shortness of breath, low BP. My TSH thyroid also went very high. Had to increase my synthroid from .125mg up to 175mg. The only thing that I did to cause this was the Feraheme injection. My doc does not think so but offers no other explanations. Doc wants be to do it again cause she wants my Ferritin around 100. It is about 69. I think I will stick with Iron supplements.

mk_lady | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/3/2015
Condition: Anemia due to Kidney Failure

Caused anaphylaxis. Scariest thing ever! Not sure if it worked to full potential because I can never have the follow up doses needed.

Leslie B | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
11/10/2015
Condition: Anemia from Inadequate Iron

I had severe anemia(levels between 6-8) for years due to celiac disease and severe menstrual bleeding. Additionally, I had a heart defect that was keeping my blood being oxygenated and living at a high altitude. I was wiped out. At last I found a good hematologist that prescribed IV Infusions since my system was incapable of absorbing iron naturally. I was given Benedryl before the first infusion. I had no reaction and was feeling better within 48 hours. Because of my severe bleeding, I had a second one a few months later. Still no negative reaction and felt better quickly. I carefully followed my gluten free diet, had my heart issue(PFO) fixed and opted for a uterine ablation to fix my bleeding issue. All procedures were 100% effective. I then moved to a new state. My new doctor gave me one more infusion. This time it was Infed. I still had no reaction but it took several months to take effect but did eventually work. My anemia is now gone and I don't foresee anymore infusions but was very happy they were available and would opt for Feraheme as my preferred drug.Read More Read Less

RubyFoxSC | 35-44 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
9/29/2015
Condition: Anemia from Inadequate Iron

I was given two doses of feraheme over 2 months for iron deficient anemia. My hemoglobin was at 8.6 . The infusions went well, I had no problems. My hemoglobin was normal after about 3 weeks and has stayed between 12 - 14 which is VERY GOOD for almost an entire year now. I have read lots of scary / bad experiences with feraheme, but I wanted to make sure to add my good experience. Also the nurse who gave me my infusion said she had not seen any bad reactions in the 10 years she had been giving them. Read More Read Less

RG | 75 or over | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
9/12/2015
Condition: Anemia from Inadequate Iron

My 92 year old father given one treatment prescribed by his kidney specialist. Has low kidney function but not on dialysis. Has one more treatment scheduled in one week but we will cancel. Suffering severe diarrhea, joint pain in ankles, knees, hips and back. Unable to stand and walk, low blood pressure. Side effects started approximately three hours after treatment.

No way | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/28/2015
Condition: Anemia from Inadequate Iron

Allergic reaction sections within taking it. Thought I was dying. Tried Vonofer thus round night and experience.

linny | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/16/2015
Condition: Anemia from Inadequate Iron

The first transfusion I had sever chest pain. They checked my vitals and it was all good, was sent home with no other reactions. Did my second transfusion and just feel really tired and "out of it" like just over drowsy or something . Still no change in my energy levels, which I was hoping for.

Maxi | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/7/2015
Condition: Anemia from Inadequate Iron

I have severe anemia and my first infusion was with Dextran, where i had no side affects whatsoever, and it took about 1.5 weeks to feel the effects of energy; it lasted about 3.5 months. The second infusion was yesterday with Feraheme. Shorter infusion time, no side effects, hope it works the same. The second dose will be on Monday, but so far so good.

Sandra | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/5/2015
Condition: Anemia from Inadequate Iron

I did not have any bad reactions in fact I have more energy and really feel good.

cew56 | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/16/2015
Condition: Anemia from Inadequate Iron

I had my first IV 4 days ago. No swelling or on site irritation. I have suffered with a severe headache, major bone and muscle pain, and occasional chest pain since the treatment. I also have small dotted rash (looks like I am covered with red freckles)under the skin of both legs. I really need the iron so I am suffering through these side effects. The plan is for the next IV in 3 days. Hoping the headache and skeletal aches go away.

Professor55 | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
1/10/2015
Condition: Anemia from Inadequate Iron

I had small AVM bleeds in my intestines, so started Feraheme about 7yrs ago. I've had infusions weekly to monthly. Longest I've ever gone without it is 3 months, and that was a disaster, i ended up in the hospital needing a transfusion because my Iron level dropped to 4! Feraheme has worked great for me for years now, keeping me 'close' to the normal range. My hematologist monitors my ferritin levels to be sure I'm not getting too much iron. I've had NO side effects, no issues at all.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/5/2015
Condition: Anemia from Inadequate Iron

No adverse affects; go in, get IV'ed, sit for ten minutes, and then go. I've been battling anemia through diet and pills for years without any kind of stable result. But with this I'm finally experiencing improvements.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/8/2014
Condition: Anemia from Inadequate Iron

I have had two feraheme infusions, one week apart, due to anemia, which the drs are saying is from heavy periods... I had no bad side effects from the infusions at all... I started really feeling better around the end of week one. My hemoglobin was 8.6 before the infusions. I will update this to tell you what my hemoglobin is in 2 weeks. I came to this forum before I got the infusions done and was really scared by what I read, so I thought it was important to add my good review. I had no bad effects, it went well during the infusion and after. For anyone going to have an infusion for the first time, be watchful for side effects during and after the infusion, but don't be afraid the nurse told me in her years of doing infusions she had never had a bad reaction and I can attest to being a good experience.. no bad reaction during nor bad side effects in the days after. Read More Read Less

1ciscosmom | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/5/2014
Condition: Anemia from Inadequate Iron

For all of you who have read all of the negative reviews, I am a patient who has had nothing but a positive experience.

Vickie S | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
1/27/2014
Condition: Anemia from Inadequate Iron

I have had 3 cycles of 2 treatments weekly...premeds of Tylenol & Benadryl...no problems during treatment, but each cycle only lasted 2-3 months..so now, InFed, 1st rx lasted almost 5 months...hgb 14.5 down to 9.3, so another tx this week..wish it lasted longer...

Carolyn nngs32 | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
12/8/2013

The only side effect was nausea for a few days after the treatment.

Gayle | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/9/2013
Condition: Anemia from Inadequate Iron

I have been receiving IV iron infusions for several years with no problems and good results. My last 2 infusions were done using Feraheme. My iron count is good but I am EXTREMELY fatigued and need to sleep a lot. My doctor thinks I'm crazy but this is not the same effects I had from slow-drip iron IVs.