Please watch out for these bulletin boards. I am a very sensitive person, health-obsessed and health food and everything, and I have had nothing but a good experience- no side effects to my surprise. Just relief. Also had in-depth conversations with doctors about generics vs. main brand and there is no difference. I have switched between Kariva and Viorele etc and no change. I love this drug.! Kee...

The worst birth control I have ever used in my entire life. I used to take Azurrette and, like others, CVS switched it out for this new kind. I have been taking it for a little over three months and it is TERRIBLE. My first period on it lasted for over two weeks when normally it is just a few days long. It was so heavy and not at all what I was used to. I also experienced migraines and heavy mood ...

Caroline Owens | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/28/2021
Condition: Painful Periods

I was prescribed Viorele six months ago after a visit with my gynecologist. After suffering for years with painful and heavy periods, I decided to give birth control a try; in hopes of more regular and less painful periods. Instead, I received the complete opposite. After only two short weeks into my first pill pack, I began to experience debilitating stomach pains, breakthrough bleeding, and heavy spotting; which lasted all the way up until my period came. After taking my second placebo pill, I began to bleed heavier than I have ever bled since starting my menstrual cycle at age 12; (I am 19 now). I passed clots the size of golf balls, and had to change pads about every hour; which lasted all the way up until I began my second pack. I was very disappointed to find out that the next few months of this pill would be just as bad as the first month; if not worse. I began to experience emotional problems, such as: frequent panic attacks, intense mood swings, random outbursts of anger, depression, short temperament, crying spells, etc. Aside from emotional difficulties, I experienced physical problems, such as: stomach pain, pelvic pain, constipation, tiredness, fatigue, frequent and intense nausea, loss of appetite, insomnia, frequent urination, heavy discharge, migraines, spotting, etc. After six, long and debilitating months, I have decided to make an appointment with my doctor; and I will no longer be taking this medication. I realize that hormonal drugs effect everyone differently, but I ask that you heavily educate yourself on this medication before taking it.

deftones8898 | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
1/27/2021

I’ve been on this for 5 years and stopped taking it recently it’s made my anxiety and depression so much worse and i’m ALWAYS bloated and have not cared about sex the whole time i’ve been taking this medication it also makes sex painful it was very effective for my PCOS and cleared my cystic acne to the point no one could tell i ever had bad acne but the horrible side effects are just not worth dealing with

Anonymous | 35-44 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/27/2020

This medication works however....I am finding comfort in reading these reviews knowing I was not alone with my Viorele experience. Pharmacy switched me from Kariva to that because "kariva was no longer available" I was told they were the same, both generic of mircette. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME AT ALL!!! I became so terribly grumpy with mood swings that I couldn't even stand myself. This was within a week or two of taking Viorele. I called my Dr because I knew right away it was this medication. Magically the pharmacy had Kariva available for me and I've been on it ever since. I've been on Kariva for 20 years without any issues, I knew right away Viorele was NOT for me.

Allison | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
4/25/2020

Been on this prescription for over 2 years and never had a problem. My skin is clear, my hormones are under control, best of all- I’m not pregnant. Every drug works differently for different people. This one works for me. I recommend the pill to all my friends. I also skip my periods. Last time I had my period was about 5 months ago. I love being on the pill.

Anonymous | Female | Patient
2/28/2020

Cvs changed from kariva to viorele twice on me. Once was about a year ago, I had mood swings and felt depressed. Tried again this month when cvs changed meds again, once again having terrible mood swings and feel depressed. Will be asking for kariva again next month.