I started this drug about 2 months ago after struggling with IBS with Constipation for most of my adult life. I am now 42! I finally found a gastro who heard the fact that I only had a movement about once every 7 days and was shocked and actually told me, that is horrible and not normal and lets try some things to change that. I got some samples of Linzess and began them after finishing up a cou...

This drug caused a burning sensation in my esophagus, making it hard to swallow. Because of that, I had to have a barium swallow, which caused severe constipation for 3 months and a hospital bill of 3 hundred dollars that I have yet pay and is now destroying my credit. I feel I should be compensated for my loss and aggravation.

Elder SBJ | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/21/2021
Condition: Irritable Bowel Syndrome with Constipation
Ann | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/21/2021
Condition: Chronic Difficulty having a Bowel Movement

I'm on the 290mg dose & only take it on my off days. Yes, drink water! I have found I have to eat around the time I take it. If I don't it can take several hours to work, thank you gastroparesis. I normally only go once, about an hour after taking it. It beats having to drink magnesium citrate to be able to go once a week!!

mlw58 | 55-64 | Female | Patient
4/16/2021
Condition: Irritable Bowel Syndrome with Constipation

Miracle drug! Three days in and I feel lighter, more energy, no bloat, my stomach not puffed out, BMs good. I will say that diarrhea happened at FIRST, but already it's calmed down and more regular. It is expensive even with insurance, but at this point I will gladly pay it.

Anonymos | 25-34 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/14/2021
Condition: Chronic Difficulty having a Bowel Movement

I personally have been on this medication for two months and am still presently on it. Yes, there are different types of reactions with other people; however, the first time I took the medicine it worked. I continued it from then on. Linzess actually helped the issues that I had and cleared them up. I am not bloated, I am regular, have more energy, and overall not constipated. The only true drawback is depression other than that there is nothing else really wrong with the product. Not everyone's the same and there is one drawback that is concerning. This is the run to the bathroom. It will help you go.

FinallyPoopinInKC | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/30/2021
Condition: Chronic Difficulty having a Bowel Movement

Dr trialed two different dosages with me, 2nd one works fine IF you follow the instructions and IF no other problems or interactive drugs exist, I'm sure it works different for everyone. My experience is 20+ years of CIC trying everything under the sun over the counter and diet, water intake, excercise, etc. None of these things worked long if they changed the problem at all. This should be at least considered, if you just can't go. I'm female, 52, good health, average + a few lbs just for fun, and active, don't intake any sugars and very little carbs, hardly any gluten but i do not restrict it. I think everyone will react differently, there are nightmare stories in reviews but also good ones. It's not a Miracle Drug but it is working for me. My regimen: Take one 145mg pill 30 min before first meal, with a sip of water. At 30 min, eat something, anything, drink lots of water throughout the day, and add some coffee if you can stand caffiene. I just keep water everywhere and sip all day, no need to drown yourself. At first loose stools, yeah, followed by nothing a few days, but it takes time! Be patient and give it a chance. Make it your new routine and you might get lucky like I did.