Been on albuterol inhalers for the past 20 years. Oral steroids, Pulmicort and Duonebs. Doctor gave me a trial of Breo and I was shocked. I don't ever remember having such a deep breath of air in my life. Trying to get my crappy insurance to cover Breo got me so infuriated that I dropped my insurance so I can get Breo covered monthly through another program. It means that much to me to be able to ...

This sucked and the commercial kept ruining my TV show

Ilovehockey | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
6/6/2021
Condition: Controller Medication for Asthma

Couple of things to add , with the Breo experience, burning is in both lungs I repeat both lungs. Sitting on oxygen a lot ,gonna or just used xopenex backup inhaler one Inhalation. And go to bed. I pray for answers for all having difficulty with this Med, it should be reported to the FDA. For what it does. I am tired. It’s very warm out. Air conditioning is a blessing. Prayers…

6/5/2021
Condition: Controller Medication for Asthma

I am here this evening to tell you that I want off of the asthma medication known as breo. It is tearing my stomach in half. I think the FDA should take this drug off the market. Only happens after dinner. I get these issues, of a burned lungs , under my right breast. I am calling my doctor, Monday and laying the facts on the table, my lower back and shoulder was aching from this drug, get some relief from tums and my back up inhaler xopenex. Eating saltines.highly disappointed. Get off this dam drug as soon as u can!

cellycelly | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/17/2021
Condition: Asthma

I have had asthma since I was a little kid, and as I’ve grown older my rescue inhaler and Flovent 44mcg just wasn’t cutting it. I was prescribed breo elliptia 200mcg, and after a good month on it I felt like I no longer needed to use my rescue inhaler. That was good... until all the bad symptoms started occurring. I started to get chronic migraines starting a month after being on the breo. I didn’t know it was the breo and continued to use it. After 4 and a half months on breo I noticed one or two heart palpitations close to my bed time.... had no real clue what was the reason. The next few days my symptoms started to increase: headache was gone... but now I was extremely fatigued, chest pain, back pain, heart palpitations, low potassium levels, eye pressure, vision change, MY ASTHMA WAS ALSO GETTING WORSE AT THIS TIME.... it had occurred to me I had now suffered from adrenal suppression, and my body just wasn’t producing enough cortisol to keep my body in check. After figuring our all of these horrible side effects were from the breo... I stopped taking it. It’s been almost 1 month since not taking it, and my heart rate jumps from really fast to really slow, especially at night, I still feel fatigued. Now I have indigestion problems and whatever food I do eat immediately hurts my stomach. Migraines are back? Back and neck pain has worsened. My legs are super veiny and to be honest I feel like maybe there’s now circulation problems. All in all I’m hoping to see my primary care doctor tomorrow, hopefully get some medication or something to help my body revert back to normal. This is a warning to anyone having bad side affects... quit using breo as soon as you know it’s the medication. The longer you’re on it the harder it will hit you when you try to get off of it. I’m scared continuously I’m going to die. Already visited the er a month ago. EKG came back normal but I’m telling you I feel like my heart is going to give out. Breo deserves yet another lawsuit and I encourage anywho who’s been affected by it to speak up. I’d rather be winded and have chronic bronchitis than be put on a drug that has severely fucked my life up. I’m also turning 21 soon, so if that gives you a clue as to how even healthy immune systems may not be able to successfully use this drug.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/13/2021
Condition: Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease

I have COPD, caused from PE's in my lungs that almost killed me. This medication has definitely helped me with my shortness of breathe and when used with my Spiriva... Im feeling and breathing much better.

Tball | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/25/2020
Condition: Bronchospasm Prevention with COPD

Was put on Breo after a few years on Spiriva. It stopped working for me. Breo has worked and am able to breathe deeper. The sife effects for me are hoarseness, always clearing my throat and nose stuffiness. The benefits outweigh the side effects. Will continue to use this medication.