Today I have been taking Contrave for 30 days. I am 5'7" & was 188 lbs. when I began.  In 30 days I lost 10 lbs. virtually effortlessly.  10 lbs. is not a lot of weight, and I have 33 more lbs. to loose to get to a healthy weight, but considering I sit at a desk all day & study at a desk all evening & never exercise I am thrilled.  The first 2 days I took the medication I felt a little "disconnect...

WARNING *** I started taking Contrave on November 1st. The first week I had terrible stomach pains but read that may be a side effect. It stopped after a week. My appetite was curbed and I ate much less because of it. In January, I started taking only 1 pill a day and I saw no difference in my lack of appetite. In April I stopped taking it and I still had no appetite. Turns out on May 1 I ...

Eva | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/6/2021
Condition: Weight Loss Management for an Obese Person

At first starting medication I follow doctor instruction and pharmacist. Beginning to take 2 pills in the morning with warm water and then in the Afternoon took 1 pill before 5pm for 7 days after I started taking 2 pills AM and 2 pills PM but the side effect was feeling dry mouth and thirsty at night so I went back and took 1 pill PM of keeping it the time scheduled everyday and yes it helped now I been taking it for 5 months what a difference I'm loosing the weight and I do eat healthy of course less portions of food try to avoid greasy food is a must to get better results trust me it will work and be committed in taking it regularly and drink lot of water is a must. I do walk a lot and I try to exercise but if I do is mainly ×2 times a week. Overall I loved it and yes I tried so many other medications to loose weight but most of them did not work. I recommend this to anyone that's is really committed to loosing the weight and keeping it off...I have lost 20lbs and will keep loosing while taking this medication.

Stephany | 35-44 | Female | Patient
4/29/2021
Condition: Overweight

No changes in cravings with 3 pills a day but the first day of 4 taking pills was a significant change. Literally no appetite but I know inherently when it’s time to eat.

Terry | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/9/2021
Condition: Weight Loss Management for an Obese Person

I just started have a week with medication but I did notice immediatly the curve in appetite and so much less craving for caffeine but omg the headaches are horrible I am going to stick it out its only been a week I pray headaches go away..any advice for this 1st timmer??

Everday Mom | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/22/2021
Condition: Weight Loss Management for Overweight Person with BMI 27 to 29 and Weight-Related Comorbidity

I've read many reviews, good and bad. The one important key learning I've had, is that you need to tailor Contrave to you. This isn't a magic pill you take and do nothing else. With my experience, I exercise on a regular basis. I watch my calorie intake and drink 64 oz of water daily. If I become constipated which is rare, in addition to water intake, I will also eat prunes or unsweetened apple sauce. Also, I always take contrave with food, I've noticed a difference if I take it on an empty stomach. My body works with one in the morning with breakfast and one later afternoon. And sometimes one in the middle of the day. The biggest difference this has given me, I don't over eat or snack, which is huge. I've lost weight and inches. If I get dry mouth, I sip on water and it is taken care of. This may not be for everyone, but again, tailor it to you.

jellybean | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/19/2021

i love it! curbed my appetite from day one! also i’m a smoker and i’ve noticed that it’s changing the way my cigarettes taste and it’s making me smoke less! i really believe i could ween myself completely from them simply bc they taste nasty now.