This medication works for me after all the other antidepressants either didn't work at all or stopped working. And NO...I do not work for a drug company. This medication started working much faster than others I've tried or been on and I don't to worry about the hellish withdrawal side effects I experienced when I stopped taking Effexor and celexa. I haven't gained any weight (I've actually lost a...

This was the most annoying medication to actually acquire from the pharmacy. I had to go THREE times because of the SAME issue! (That it needed approval from my doctor). And then make sure you activate their discount card before your pharmacy actually fills it. The issues surrounding this medication are not worth its effects. My doctor gave me samples to try beforehand, and honestly, I should have...

Ohanrahan | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
4/21/2021
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

I have been taking Trintellix now for about 16 months and I can't imagine a better experience. Anxiety is beautifully controlled and I feel so much more time being positive and upbeat. I've also been doing CBT, mindfulness and other therapies to understand myself and learn how to unwind what causes all the anxiety in the first place. No negative side affects at all. Thrilled that my doctor recommended it, and he is a brilliant psychiatrist who understands exactly how these medications effect the body.

Zara | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/18/2021
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

I didn't have any issues with this drug for the first week. Noticed a little more energy and a little less anxiety. My psychiatrist says he hardly ever sees any side effects with this drug so I was feeling hopeful. After almost 2 weeks at 5mgs, my anxiety was going way up, I developed insomnia, my heart rate wouldn't go below 100 while at rest (normally about 75) and my BP was elevated. I woke up in the middle of the night with my heart thumping and chest tight. I knew it was just anxiety but definitely not a fun experience. The worst part was developing akathisia, which if you're not familiar, is basically restless leg syndrome, but effects your entire body and is amped up by about 10x; you're exhausted but have a strong urge/aching need to move constantly. That lasted about a day and I then stopped taking the medication under my psychiatrist's supervision/approval. Side effects dwindled over the next 3 days, then, for lack of better words, I had an "akathisia attack" 7 days later that lasted over 48 hrs. Slept maybe 20 minutes during that time, couldn't stop moving, was utterly exhausted, and felt this horrible constant need to move. Had never experienced anything like this and made me feel crazy. After further research I learned that akathisia can take up to 6 months to go away. I was terrified. Thankfully it is mostly gone after the 48hr episode. If it was a 10/10 in severity before, it's a 1-2/10 now. You probably won't have this reaction, but because I couldn't even find it listed as a side-effect, I felt I should warn others. It was a horrible experience and I'm soooo grateful that the akathisia went away. Couldn't imagine dealing with that for 6 months!!!

Pep | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
3/2/2021
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

Have not had one side effect. This is an amazing medication. I had previously tried Effexor but the nausea made it near impossible to be compliant. This medication makes it easy to get the help I need without being uncomfortable.

plymouthgirl | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/26/2021
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

This medicine was prescribed to me for anxiety and depression but has made my anxiety accelerate 10 fold - having to take klonopin almost every other day. I would not recommend this for anyone who has moderate to severe anxiety. I've never felt this awful before and am really looking forward to getting off of it.

bobbypa | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/24/2021
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

Started on 5 mg daily for two weeks, felt like I was not taking anything, no anxiety, no panic, felt alive and a bit euphoric. Increased to 10 mg daily and I felt irritable, my BP increased, I needed to take klonopin daily just to make it through the day. The nausea is the same on 5 mg or 10 mg. Eat something small and it goes away. I went back down to 5 mg and the panic and uncontrollable anxiety left, BP returned to normal, and my depression is pretty well controlled. No longer in the deep abyss and look forward to work and interaction with people. Grateful for the relief of my depression