Having read many threads on this forum I havn`t read any from users who also suffer with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) so I thought it might be helpful to share my experience as I have had IBS since my late teens. I am 64 now. I started as most people do with a weekly injection of .25 mg to start my body to get used to Ozempic. I thought at first that I had no side effects. This was not quite cor...

Cramping, diarrhea, cannot taste food

GJZHOFF | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
4/8/2021
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

At first, I experienced a little nausea, but not enough to want me to stop the drug. I started losing weight almost immediately and with no exercise. In total I lost 50 pounds with watching my diet. I have spinal issues so exercising is difficult for me. My A1c has dropped to 5.3. I am hoping to lose more weight, another 30 or 40 pounds would be nice. I have been able to maintain my weight loss and I am happy with the results so far.

Anonymous | 35-44 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/24/2021
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

I've tried Metformin, I had terrible side effects, I tried Bydureon, devloped nodules at each injection site. My doctor tried me on Ozempic, had a 3 month coupon, lost weight, A1C dropped. I was happy. Now I can't afford it. With insurance, it's over $600!!!

Bill | 55-64 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
10/19/2020
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

It really helps me. A couple of weeks of heartburn at first, but once I learned that I wasn't really hungry every 3 hours, the heartburn stopped. I was able to change my diet and I have lost 25 pounds in 5 months. My A1C is better and mid-day BGL is fine. I wish this had been available years ago.

Ali Mara | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
8/7/2020
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

It has been a year ago since I started taking Ozempic. It was the final solution to a never ending problem with my blood sugar. I was already taking Metformin, Gliclazide and Invokana, but no matter how I tried to eat better, exercised, nothing was happening. My blood sugar was still rising. At one point my blood sugar went up to 11 and it has never been that high before. So my G.P. referred me to an Endocrinologist. The first thing he did was order a blood test and review all my medications. Finally, because I was taking the maximum dosage on all the other meds, he asked me to try Ozempic. At first I was hesitant because he explained that I had to inject myself once a week (and I hate needles), but that this was not insulin. He said try this medication or I’ll start you on insulin. I would rather try other medication before submitting to a life of insulin everyday. He was very candid about the side effects of this medication, 3 to 6 weeks of uncomfortable side effects, but it will all go away eventually. He said if the side effects doesn’t go away after 6 weeks, to give him a call and he can change it to something else. Well, I persevered, but I will be brutally honest to whoever will be reading this review, you will be miserable and sick and wished to God it would end. I had nausea, vomitting, headaches, lightheadedness, diarrhea, and so many other physical discomfort that I kept telling myself it will be all worth it. I was ILL, so ill that at one point I couldn’t get out of bed. So if you are willing to risk taking this drug, then make sure to take a leave of absence from your workplace because you will end up calling in sick A LOT! I was fortunate enough to be off work, so all the horrible side effects didn’t affect my job. Ozempic is my saving grace. The journey was not easy, but my results are shown on my blood test and urine test. To date my A1C is 5.2 and I’ve lost 39 lbs.My diet went from CRAP to healthy.

Anonymous | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/24/2020
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

Terrible side effects that wouldnâ??t go away. Had vomiting, constipation, diarrhea. Never lost weight and blood sugar didnâ??t improve much. Awful experience.