Reduced my ocular pressure from 24 to 14 in combination with Lumigan and Cosopt.

C Bukowski | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/3/2022

Day one, I woke up and looked hungover. Extreme redness that frightened everyone. I was told by the lunkhead that works in my ophthalmologist's office,"Oh, you're just overreacting, keep taking it and the effects will go away." Thanks a padload, Einstein! So, I was prescribed Lumify to deal with the redness which, of course, insurance doesn't cover. I did this for oh, about four months. Lumify would clear things up for about 90 minutes, so when I had to, you know, see human beings, I had to take it several times, to which Lunkhead said, "You can't take it that often." No doy. It all came to a head when I was doing something really risky: watching TV. My eyes were just BURNING. The missus came by and said, "Why do you have an ice pack on your face? This is February." I looked into the imaginary camera, smiled like a supermodel and said, "I take Rhopressa!" Cue inspirational music and film of me planting a community garden or doing pottery with seniors, with the [email protected] list of precautions being spoken in a voiceover. I'll say this: it lowered my IOP. And when I asked to please get me off this crap, my ophthalmologist (can you write that without spellcheck? I can't) complied immediately. Of course, the next medicine (Alphagan) didn't work, and she pushed Timolol again, which made me dizzy and breathless after about five sidewalk squares of extremely slow jogging. So, rather than have freaking cataract surgery at age 49 and with 20/20 vision...I may have to shell out $200 a pop so I can look like Charles Bukowski on a good day. I'm moving to Canada. Make some room and don't be scared off by my eyes..."I take Rhopressa!"Read More Read Less

Wish I hadn't | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/6/2022
Condition: Increased Pressure in the Eye

Extreme light sensitivity, crusting, irritation, eye pain. Apparently be then had a mild stroke and came home blind. (Vision was poor other causes) Not adequate testing on seniors.

Ralph | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
6/5/2021
Condition: Wide-Angle Glaucoma

The medication is very effective, added to latanaprost and timolol, but the bottle lids are so tight that my wife could not open this last one without using two wrenches, and most of the liquid seeped out. She could hear the liquid before getting the lid off, but not afterward. This medication is costing $90 per small 2.5ml bottle under our insurance plan.

Chrisy | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/14/2019
Condition: Increased Pressure in the Eye

I have open angle pigmented glaucoma. Brought pressure down from 19 to 13. Take Timolo with it. Mild side effects.

Wanda | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/4/2019
Condition: Increased Pressure in the Eye

Brought pressure down from 19 to 13 in just 5 days. Using Timolol twice a day with it. Timolol wasn't keeping pressure down by it self. Side effects after two weeks aren't too bad. Eyes a little red, water sometimes and acuity off just a small bit, but not worth stopping for that. My nerve has a lot of damage so if this will keep pressure down I can deal with these small side effects. Better then going blind.

DEP | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/2/2019
Condition: Increased Pressure in the Eye

I was given Rhopressa about 6 months ago along with my other 3 drops (using 6 times a day) when my pressure was higher than the doctor wanted. From the beginning I experience the watering eyes and was told it is one of the side effects but would stop after a couple weeks. When it didn't I chalked it up to allergies but now that this much time has past and I don't have allergies in off season, I began looking into the fact the it is still the cause of the Rhopressa. I have been surprised at how many of the reviews I have read that are so similar to what I am experiencing. I have an appointment with my doctor next week and intend to have a conversation with her to hopefully eliminate the use any longer. Does it help the pressure? Hard to say because it still appears to go up and down. I'm tired of my eyes watering, itching and being puffy all the time. Very unpleasant side effects. And don't even get me started on how it has been to even get a prescription filled for it. Don't recommend it at all.Read More Read Less

co | 75 or over | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/9/2019
Condition: Wide-Angle Glaucoma

I was taking Bimatoprost drops nightly and Diamox tablets twice daily, then added Rhopressa in place of Diamox at night. It kept the pressure down well but after about 90 days I started tearing up badly and seeing double. Went back to Diamox twice daily and things cleared up in a couple of weeks.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
4/6/2019

Extremely red eyes Bluriness Diziness

Charle8dn | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/15/2019
Condition: Increased Pressure in the Eye

I experienced sty like symptoms with redness itching my doctor said to keep taking it the symptoms will subside but so far for 2 month still hard to up up with. No improvement in redness or itching

Daviator | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/7/2019
Condition: Increased Pressure in the Eye

My doctor added Rhopressa to my regimen of drops in an effort to get my pressures lower. The drug was somewhat effective and lowered pressures by about 2-3 points. However, after about four months on Rhopressa, I began to to experience severe redness, near-constant severe itching of the eyelids, excessing tearing and crushing of the eyelids. It became unbearable. Stopped the Rhopressa and treated the eyes with a steroid drop until the problem went away. After a couple of months, tried restarting the Rhopressa and the adverse effects returned within two days. So unfortunately, I cannot continue to use it. It seems as if I might be allergic to the drug or its preservative. Read More Read Less

TC_CT Resident | 65-74 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
1/10/2019
Condition: Increased Pressure in the Eye

I was very disappointed with this medication. While it did lower the pressure in the affected eye, it produced an intolerable side effect in that eye. I was on this medication for six months. During that time, I felt increasingly unsafe in driving and noticed that my vision in the affected eye was getting worse and worse. I saw halos around everything in that eye! Over six months, the vision in that worsened by two dyopters, as measured by my opthamologist! I would recommend that the manufacturer put this side effect into its list of possible side effects to warn others. I have now been off this medication for 3 weeks, and the vision in that eye has slowly improved. I am using another new medication that has not caused this problem. Read More Read Less

Switch8bkwzgp | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/2/2019
Condition: Wide-Angle Glaucoma

Pressure went down almost immediately to 10. Some redness and tearing but tolerable. Most difficulty is high price. Not on formulary for my pharmacy and had difficulty getting drug.

Anonymous | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/25/2018
Condition: Increased Pressure in the Eye

I agree with the previous comment. The side effects are terrible. My eyes tear all day. They are extremely dry and itchy through the whole day and somewhat sensitive to light. My pressure went down from 19 to 16 which is not a significant reduction for me since I have stage 4 open-angle glaucoma. I'm getting a goniotomy surgery soon. I hope this surgery will reduce my pressure far enough so my doctor will take me off of this Rhopressa. This Rhopressa sucks!

lg31 | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/21/2018
Condition: Increased Pressure in the Eye

Started on Rhopressa and immediately experienced moderate to severe redness, blurring of vision. Experienced samll reduction in pressure. Stuck with drops for 6 weeks hoping side effects may lessen but did not. In fact, worsened to include excessive, constant tearing and itching of eyelids. Discontinued 5-6 days ago, blurring of vision has recovered and to some degree the tearing and itching but severe intermittent redness had not improved.

Rich | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/11/2018

LisaMChat | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/16/2018
Condition: Wide-Angle Glaucoma

I have not been in for a pressure check since being on this drop so I cannot speak to the effectiveness. The side effects are too much for me though. My tear film is so unstable since starting this drop. My eyes seep several times throughout the day. Also my lid margins itch and feel raw. I have been putting up with these symptoms thinking once I got used to the drop maybe the symptoms would go away. I'm on my third bottle and my eyes are just killing me.