I take this medicine once a day in the morning. I have had no accidents and only minor leakage incidents since starting the medicine. Previously I had accidents frequently when the urge to go was immediate and experienced leakage all the time. I constantly had to wear liners and when I had an immediate urge that wasn't enough. I no longer have to get up several times a night either. Previously I w...

I started taking this for bladder problems but soon realised that it stopped me from sweating which being a menapausel 56 year old was a god send. It made me feel clean

Lacemaker427 | 55-64 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
1/29/2021
Condition: A Condition of Bladder Dysfunction from Nerve Disorder

I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis almost 30 years ago, and have suffered with neurogenic bladder ever since. Ditropan XL 15mg has been very effective for me, though I prefer to use a generic form because the price drops from $200 to $20 per month. The problem with generics, however, is that they are NOT all the same as name brand Ditropan. The generic made by Kramer-Urban has been very effective for me, but three other generics had very little effect. Trying several of the generics is the only way to know if you have an effective prescription. Since the effectiveness of the generics is so variable, I wonder if some of the negative effects reported by other reviewers were due to a poorly manufactured generic, and not the oxybutynin itself. I have a long list of prescriptions that I am am allergic to, and I am very grateful for that oxybutynin isnâ??t one of them. With it, I have been freed from making an urgent trek to the powder room every two hours.

Anonymous | 55-64 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
8/27/2020
Condition: Overactive Bladder

At 56, I started having OAB symptoms. I was prescribed oxybutynin. Started at 5mg, then 10, then 15. The OAB symptoms continued to ratchet up as did the very awful side effects of the med. Dry mouth, yes, but worse, it prevented me from sweating. One bike ride on the first warm day resulted in near heat stroke. Heartburn also started. Stopped taking it and started pumpkin seed oil gelcaps. No more overnight symptoms and side effect free! This med was a year of wasted time and more importantly a very stressing and negative life altering year. Don't take it.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/4/2019
IndiKat | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/4/2019
Condition: Frequent Urination

I took 2 doses of oxybutynin before having 3 back-to-back seizures. There are, without a doubt, better options out there. I was driven to the Emergency Room 3 times, overall a horrible experience. The paramedics said to my mother that they weren't sure how I lived. To this day, I suffer from PTSD.

Meh | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/8/2019
Condition: Overactive Bladder

I took half a 5mg tablet twice a day and it worked after one day. I used to go 15 or more times in the first few hours of the day. For the first time in my life I could choose to go before leaving the house even if I didn’t have the urge to go. I was really excited about it. But I was having a constant ache in my lower abdomen that felt like the start of period cramps. My period is at least a week away so I worried it was my bladder. And I had to stop the day dose because I was sleeping too much. The bladder pain continued on just the night dose so I stopped. I am having the worst knee pain in am old injured knee. It may be from the weather but it’s never been this bad & winter isn’t even here yet. Did anyone else get joint pain??