Here is my story with Avelox: There is no other medication that I have taken that has been so effective in knocking out infection quickly. This does, however, come at a price of side effects. If you EDUCATE yourself about this drug, you will know how to avoid some/most of these effects. This drug stimulates your central nervous system. Do not take in too many stimulants like nicotine, caffeine...

my mother had copd with a sinus infection and took one of these pills and died within 15 minutes.

Eva Ashton | 75 or over | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/8/2021
Condition: infection caused by bacteria

I was prescribed this medication for cellulitis. It cleared it up very well but I developed a severe allergic reaction to it causing a rash all over my trunk, arms and legs. It was both painful and very itchy. I also felt very unwell with nausea and diarrhoea. It took more than a week to clear after I finished the one week course of one tablet a day.

angel | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/12/2020

I was prescribed this for a severe sinus infection and it was the worst antibiotic experience i've ever had. It made me feel extremely nauseous and weak and after a few days I had to go to the emergency room where I was put on an IV because my neck and throat had began to swell, inhibiting my breathing. I have no doubt it was my bodies response to this poison entering it. I was given a Zithromax prescription at the hospital afterwards and my sinus infection cleared up fine.

SeePalm | 35-44 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/18/2019
Condition: Acute Bacterial Infection of the Sinuses

I was prescribed this medication along with a nasal steroid spray for 10 days to treat a sinus infection. Day 1 - took the first dose and vomited an hour later. Day 2 - slept most of the day and my cold pretty much dried up and sinus pressure greatly decreased. Day 3 - got diarrhea, moved time of dose to before bed and had no more stomach issues. Day 4 - woke up at 2 am with a cold on the left side of my head - left eye and nostril leaked constantly, left side of throat sore. Day 5 - cold completely dried up again, throat still sore. Sinus pressure almost gone Day 6 - Sore throat and ankles hurt. Sinus pain gone. Day 6 - ankles still sore, throat improving. Was going to call the doctor if ankle pain persisted. I was so far into the the course of meds, I was hoping just to get through it. Day 7 - no issues. Day 8 - diarrhea Day 9 - started getting a little dizzy/faint when walking in late afternoon and some blurred vision. Day 10 - itchy rash appeared on feet and ankles and dizziness when walking increased, still blurred vision. So glad to be done and hoping this will end all the bizarre side effects. It cleared my sinus infection but the side effects were horrendous and ever-changing. I have never had a reaction to any antibiotic before and I would never take this drug again.

Doris Teo | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/9/2017
Condition: Pneumonia caused by Bacteria

I have suffered depression since started to take this medicine. With my doctor's consent after knowing the side effect, I have stopped the course of antibiotic even though I have 2 more tablets to complete the course. The depression has taken a great toll on my life. After stopping the side effect still linger for a week's time.

ailing | 65-74 | Female | Patient