Effexor has worked for me every time. Recently I had another episode of depression after a stressful work situation and not pursuing my own goals and hobbies. As it always happens I had forgotten how horrible depression is and I also had some doubts: would Effexor work again? I was very worried for the first two weeks. I read some negative reviews and thought maybe this time the medication would n...

too exspensive ,once ur on it u cant get off unless u walk on the boarder line of hell pain,no sleep bugs crawl(home defence did noting had no sights of them must be chemical exsplosion think ur nuts one minute fine the othere help roller coaster ride i feel like im going nuts stress in my chest cant get blood preasure down keeps getting high. body hurtssss man im 32 feel like im on my death b...

Anonymous | 35-44 | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
2/23/2021
Condition: Repeated Episodes of Anxiety

I got on Effexor while going through a divorce. I had been suffering with anxiety, without truly understanding what it was for years and when I was going through a divorce, it heightened pretty severely. I first tried Zoloft but it caused stomach pain, so the doctor put me on Effexor. I felt results pretty quickly which was great. I only ended up needing 37.5 mg/day. It's now 6 1/2 years later and I'm weaning off it because I want to get pregnant and you aren't supposed to take Effexor while pregnant. Getting off Effexor is tough! I get dizzy waves, and it's taken 4 months to get off the very small dose, so just be patient and be in regular touch with your doctor if you go off of it. My doctor said it isn't dangerous to have the dizziness but it's just really uncomfortable and doesn't feel good.

Douglas P. | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
12/16/2020
Condition: Repeated Episodes of Anxiety

I am 62 y.o. and suffered from anxiety and depression most of my life. I've been taking a anti depressant for 18 years. Lexapro for 9 years, switched to Celexa, was better but stopped working after 7 years. My anxiety physical symptoms can be acute; I switched to Effexor 18 mos. ago and am very pleased. My anxiety issues have come down several notches and depression is much less frequent and usually manageable. No side effects but dont skip a dose, withdrawl symptons come on quick. I am extremely glad for this medicine.

Maggie | 13-18 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
12/13/2020
Condition: Depression

This medication is a somewhat difficult medication to be on. I have been taking it for many years, the side affects are really bad sometimes. If I miss one dose I start to vomit, shake, pass out, hallucinate, get chills, and I get an electric shock feeling in my brain. It also messes with my vision so I can't drive at night as I get blinded by the lights around me. This works really well as a mood stabilizer for me, I do have to take 300 milligrams in the winter and 150 in the summer. When I go back down to the 150 I can get sick so I have to do it slowly.

Jodisue | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/8/2020
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

I came off 2 meds to this one medicine and I have never felt so good. When I first got it the ratings scared me so bad but after 30 days I feel amazing.

Anne | 35-44 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
8/23/2020
Condition: Depression

Donâ??t take this medication!! Iâ??ve been on/ off antidepressants for 15 years mostly on and I can tell you that this is the worst medicine to get off of. Iâ??m currently on week 3 of no meds and Iâ??m going through hell, no appetite, crying spurts, insomnia and the damn zapping feeling is the worst! The migraines are daily but Iâ??m determined to stop it. Research the meds they prescribe before you take it!!