I've only been taking this medication for about a month. I was prescribed the 2.5 injection which is the lowest dose you can start with. I haven't seen any weight loss yet :( when I usually wake up in the mornings I'm usually starving.but this actually controls your hunger which it great! I will check back in next month to see if I have changes to review.

Thought I’d try this after I couldn’t tolerate Ozempic. Two weeks in and I’ve been puking my guts out. And sulfur burps are terrible. I was hoping it would be a better experience but wayyy worse.

Rick | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/10/2022
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

After just two days of 2.5 mg dosage, my glucose level fell between 75 and 150. Prior to use, my numbers rarely fell below 100 and usually exceeded 250 after meals. Currently I continue to take Metformin and Glipizide although my doctor intends to remove those Rx if Mounjaro continues to work well.

Moun-joy-o | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/9/2022

I started on 2.5mg dose - 21 lbs weight loss in 1 month. Just started on 5mg dose and weight loss is continuing. Taking this as part of a medical weight loss program (doctor-monitored, weekly visits) that uses meal replacements for breakfast and lunch and lean protein/veggies for dinner. Have no hunger between meals (have stopped thinking about food!) Have noticed that 5-6 days after each dose, hunger returns mildly, but hoping as doses escalate that goes away. Cholesterol went from being high to normal in just 1 month's use. Blood sugar, blood pressure, and other metrics are all improved from pre-medication. Read More Read Less

GAllen | 55-64 | Female | Patient
8/9/2022

The 2.5 dosage I didn’t lose any weight but lost 1” in my waist. Helped with food cravings the first 2-3 wks. I am now on the 5.0 mg so far curving my appetite so we will see.

dahatch | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

I have taken my first shot on Saturday and on Sunday I was sick as a dog with nausea. Monday was a little better and almost normal feeling Tuesday. I hope I don't have to go through this every week.

Elfie | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

I have been on 2.5 mg for 5 weeks and down 13 pounds. I'm a 59 4ft 8 inch. So my BMI is high. I have no craving for anything. I have to throw away my dinner. I'm not hungry and soda is gross. I see my Dr on August 19 so I don't know if I will increase my dosage or stay on the same

Sherbear | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/8/2022
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

Just started 5mg yesterday. I lost 10 lbs on the 2.5mg and My glucose levels have decreased. I have to make myself eat because I'm rarely hungry. Minimal side effects with 2.5mg. Day after 5mg shot woke up feeling pretty bad. Slept most of the day and couldn't keep dinner down. Hopefully will pass after a day or so.

The Bruce | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

I have been taking the 2.5 mg introductory dose for one month and lost about 6 pounds while lowering my overnight fasting glucose by 7%. Side effects for me are bloating and constipation. It effectively suppresses my appetite so that I have lowered my daily caloric intake. Am curious about the effect of the 5 mg dose.

E. Aguilar | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

I injected it last week and the second day I had a UTI and on day three my thought process was in a fog. I said ok. I’ll give it a try on week two. Second day of day two I had to come home from work again due to bladder infection like symptoms. My doctor does not need to tell me to stop. My body is alerting me to stop.

Debbie | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

About to take 3rd injection of 2.5 Weight loss in 12 days 6 lbs. Side effect: Nausea 1-2 days in 2nd week but lasted only 15 to 30 min. Starts to wear off 6th day of each injection. Full feeling every day...upper abdomen. No hunger, feel full fast, i am eating 1/2 of what i use to.

Cathi T2D | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/6/2022
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

I am had the end of week 4 on the 2.5 mg dose. Tomorrow I start the 5mg. Side effects have been minimal. I was taking 70 units of Novolog daily, with an A1c of 8. With Mounjaro, I am taking less than 20 units of Novolog daily. I have lost 10 lbs. My only issue is that as the week goes on, the benefits seem to diminish. Has anyone else noticed this?

Chilli33 | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/6/2022

Ok,everyone. I am now on my second month. One pound weight loss ?? I'm still giving this medication a chance. Now I'm on 5mg of Mounjaro. I like how it curves my appetite for food,sugar and cigarettes,yes cigarettes! Still no side effects. I will check back again in another month!

SLY ONE | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/5/2022
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

I have been on 2.5 mg Mounjaro for one month, absolutely no weight loss yet but no gain either. I understand that the substantial weight-loss usually happens at the 10 and 15 mg doses. that being said, however my blood sugars have been much better in control, not quite where we want them but, more stable. and the Dawn phenomenon high glucose numbers I have in the morning have lowered about 20 points, so that’s a win. Also I started getting hungry about 2 1/2 weeks in, then some days I wasn’t hungry and some days I was hungrier. and in the beginning for the first 2 1/2 weeks I wasn’t even really thinking about food or forgot to eat sometimes, which was kind of a nice effect, since I am a food addict in recovery in a 12 step program. I suffer GERD and IBS, and surprisingly, it hasn’t affected either one of them, I have not had any nausea either. I had tried Victoza before but I was one of the small percent of people that the medication raised my blood pressure and heart rate after about three weeks, and I had to discontinue it. Trying to not put all my eggs in one basket, but I’m hoping Mounjaro will help me not only continue lowering my blood sugars, but also getting some of this weight off, sometimes I feel screwed because I’m also going through menopause, but we’ll see!!Read More Read Less

Liz H. | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/5/2022
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

I've been taking Ozempic since Jan. of 2021 and had lost 40 lbs, but I, like most others, had severe stomach issues with Ozempic. I had been following Mounjaro before it received FDA approval and was excited to try it. Meh, it's okay. I have been on it for 2 months. Started with 2.5, and now at 5 mg. On Ozempic I had horrible sugar cravings, which Mounjaro alleviated. But I am hungry on Mounjaro, I get severe hunger pains, I've only lost 4 lbs, and I'm exceptionally tired. However, I did not have any of the gastric mobility issues, no burping, throwing up, etc., that I have with Ozempic. My blood sugar is good on both meds, but I still want to continue to lose weight. So, that being said, I AM going back to Ozempic, purely to continue the weight loss.Read More Read Less

# | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/3/2022

I am in my first week of taking the 2.5 dose for weight loss to help decrease my LDH cholesterol level. I have very little hunger and am dealing with the nausea. Does anyone have tips for food to help with the nausea?

Mounjarodarling | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/31/2022

Day: 4. Dose: 2.5 mg Weight loss: 0 lbs Side effects: none I’m not diabetic and have been low carb for a month. I’ve had slow weight loss with diet and exercise alone. I was hoping Mounjaro would accelerate my weight loss results. That has not happen yet. I’ve been seeing posts with drastic weight loss results very early on, in the Mounjaro journey for some. That has not been my experience so far. However I’m trying to remain hopeful.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/29/2022

Started on 5mg's...had initial muscle soreness but it went away after 24 hours. Had to come off after two weeks because the stomach distress was truly not livable, I felt sooo sick. After 10 days, tried the smallest dose, 2.5 mg's and no negative symptoms, slightly decreased appetite. I will stick with this for four weeks and possibly try the 5mg's again after that, but a bit nervous to.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/28/2022

I’m not sure if it’s too early but been a week on Mounjaro after a year on ozempic and no weight loss yet !! Taking the 5mg I’m not sure why nothing’s happening!! I’ll wait a little more and see!

lp | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/27/2022

I started taking this injection yesterday and today I woke up with severe muscle pain. It literally hurts to touch the skin, Went to my PCP just to make sure no covid, flu, or strep. Everything negative. Only change is the injection. Has anyone else experience anything like this?

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/26/2022
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

I just finished 3 weeks of Mounjarno. I am now having SEVERE back pains and muscle spasms. My endocrinologist told me to get off NOW!! Have any of you had the bad bad back pains and cramps?!

LMR | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/25/2022

You don't even think about food. Great results