I switched from 1.8 mg Victoza to 5 mg Mounjaro. My sugar levels are stable with both medications. Maybe it’s too Soon, to say… but I gained 3lbs my first week on mounjaro! I took my second injection yesterday. I still get hunger pangs.I will give it a few weeks, if I don’t see results, I’m switching myself back to Victoza. Victoza made me sick, but I lost 40 lbs. I rather feel sick and lose more...

EGC | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/26/2022

Pre-diabetic and needing to lose weight. Starting weight 195, down to 184. I am on my 3rd shot of 2.5 and I am down 11 pounds in 3 weeks. I am going to add in some weight lifting now and some additional cardio. Will update this as my dose increases. So far... off to a great start!!

Tony | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
9/23/2022

I started at 215 last December and now down to 153. I’ve lost 60 plus pounds. I look great. I go to the gym 3 times a week and ride an exercise bike for 10 miles. I had also been on phenermine and topermine in the beginning. No longer on that. Only side effects I’ve had is feeling no appetite and constipation. If you exercise regularly and drink lots of water you will increase the weight loss.

Willow |
9/23/2022

I began 2.5 mg on Sept. 1. I have lost 16 lbs and couldn't be more excited! My doctor and I have tried several different meds hoping to combat insulin resistance and overweight (I'm prediabetic) to no avail (Ozempic, Rybelsus, etc.) as well as thyroid support. Mounjaro is the first time I have felt an actual physiological difference. Hunger and cravings are greatly reduced, particularly on days 1-5, less so on day 6 and 7. I have experienced few side effects. Initially, I had a slight headache but that has resolved. The only other side effect is my own doing when I don't take in enough calories/protein and get nauseated or fatigued. That doesn't happen if I eat small portions more frequently. I begin 5mg next week and am excited to see the results. Read More Read Less

rick | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/22/2022
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

after a month on 2.5, went to 5, and could not stay out of bathroom. blood sugars leveled out, but could not deal with the constant diarhea

Penelope | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/22/2022

I had my 4th 2.5mg injection on Tuesday morning. I am officially down 20 pounds & 3" from my waist. I had tummy cramps & diarreah for 2 days after the 1st & second in section but nothing since. I have been struck with what I am eating but the medicine is absolutely helping me keep my intake down. I start the 5mg injection next week & will update once I have been on it for 3 weeks.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/21/2022
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

From the first injection I've had Terrible side effects. Gasy, dry heeves, very smell makes me want to vomit, diarrhea, stomach cramps, overall body discomfort. Yes I've lost weight but all the side effects I don't think it's worth it.

Polo123 | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/21/2022

I e been in maynjaro 2.5 for two weeks and no appetite suppression. Will a high dose help with t that?

Never again | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/19/2022

I am finishing week 5. I did 4 weeks at 2.5mg no side effects and lost about 1.5 lbs a week. Moved up to 5mg. Had some nausea on day 1 (expected), day 2 seemed fine day 3 woke up with stomach pain and sulfur burps. Vomiting with diarrhea for about 6 hours. Vomiting went away but have had sulfur burps, nausea and diarrhea for 5 days now with no end in site. Calling doctor tomorrow as over counter medicine is not helping relieve any symptoms. Apparently this is a pretty common symptom that i wish i had known more about. Read More Read Less

Danny A | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/18/2022

I’m a 46yo male who was technically obese. My starting weight was 205lbs and after 5 weeks of being on MJ, I’ve lost 17lbs! I did 4 weeks of 2.5mg then titrated up to 5.0mg. I’m currently on my second dose of 5.0mg. I’ve had constipation which I figured out by eating 6 prunes a day. I’ve had nausea with 5.0mg which I counter with zofran. Things are looking good and I have 23 more pounds to go! Remember to use the manufacturer’s coupon to make it only 25 bucks!

Deb | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/18/2022
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

Just took 3rd injection. Have had moderate weight loss. Blood sugar daily readings have been much lower than on prior medication regime.

wildkatz56 | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/16/2022
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

Just took my week 7 shot on Wednesday evening. I did a month of 2.5mg with no issues and then started 5mg this month. It has helped to lower my blood sugar slightly. I currently have had no weight loss, but drastic changes to appetite and cravings. I am never hungry, going from eating 3 solid meals a day to having to force myself to eat anything at all. No issues with liquid intake. Since titrating up to the 5mg I have been waking up on day 2 following the injection with sulfur burps, stomach bloating and cramping, and diarrhea. The negative side effects last a couple of days and then gradually subside. Going to follow up with my endocrinologist and see what he suggests.Read More Read Less

FlipFlop | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

52 yom, at week 6 on 5mg. Started at 224 and now at 206. Victoza worked for me years ago, but who wants a daily shot? Not me. Ozempic didn’t do much for me. I love Monjour. I’m not a fan of the injector pen. Sometimes I can’t tell if I really got the shot or not. Burping has been the only side effect. Reminds me of flat diet orange soda. But I have to admit I’m terribly worried about what happens when I stop the shot.

Frosty | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

Officially finished week 3 of 2.5 injections with a loss of 11.8 lbs. Very excited & motivated to keep on going. Type 1 Diabetes/insulin dependence is prevalent in my family history and I would like to avoid any more on-set than I already have had with elevated A1C readings & being diagnosed as pre-diabetic. My Dr. believed I was a prime candidate for Monjauro. It seems I've encountered most of the issues that everyone else has with some headaches, nausea, stomach rolling, burping at times and occasional diarrhea or constipation. It usually affects me 2-3 days after taking the injection. With the consistent progress I have made, I feel like it's worth the discomfort I have experienced at those times. No appetite or cravings, ever, so I supplement with protein shakes & only eat balanced, small meals. I've noticed my energy level is kicking back in so this next week I'll begin walking & working out. I'm 64, 5'5" and began my journey at almost 192 lbs. Already being back into the 180's so soon helps me realize that this is doable. Not having an appetite (for the most part) has really allowed me to focus on portion control and removes the urge to grab unhealthy food/snacks. It's been eye-opening, in comparison, to remember just how many calories I was consuming on a daily basis that were useless and put my future health at risk. I feel I've learned a very valuable lesson to pull in the reins and make myself accountable for my choices in my eating habits. Kudos to us all for going on this adventure and I wish everyone success and good health! Read More Read Less

#lovingit | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/15/2022

I was skeptical to start because I read the side effects however I haven't had any! I am only 1 week in. Weight is dropping. I'm eating a balanced diet and drinking plenty of water. 7.5lbs in one week.

Tiffany | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/13/2022

I am on my 9th week down 30 Lbs and counting. I'm currently taking The 7.5 Dose and notice a small rash on injection site, it seems to fade in 3-5 days. The 7.5 is a little too strong for me so I asked to be moved back down to The 5mg. My Appetit none to little. Water intake 48 oz a day. I eat plenty of fruit and Salmon with Broccoli and rice. Just enough to put something on my stomach. I've tried alot of plans in The past but nothing beats this. It's amazing, I'm glad I discovered Mounjaro. My start weight was 213 I'm now at 183... goal weight 170 but over-all healthy. Now I'll need a Routine to maintain The weight loss. Read More Read Less

Bob | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/13/2022

On for weight loss. Started at 2.5 mg first month. Went to 5 mg and about to complete my 4th dose in 2 days. Going to 7.5 next. Have lost 11 lbs so far (239 at start 228 this am). No real side effects. Hoping weight continues to fall, hopefully a bit faster as dose is increased. Haven’t really modified diet too much, so I’m pretty happy so far.

WallyT | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/13/2022

UPDATE: Starting 3rd week on 5mg dosage. 2nd and 3rd injections have been in alternating thighs. Much less abdominal cramping and less indigestion for the first 2-3 days post injection. Still eating small meals (Snacks) seemed to help. Hunger nearly gone for 5 days during the injection cycle. Near normal hunger on day 6. Lost 10 lbs thus far in 2 full weeks. Logging all my meals in a phone app calorie counter (UA MyFitness Pal.) Started walking 30-40min every other day for exercise. Started a daily dose of Citrucel to help with constipation. Read More Read Less

Elle | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/12/2022

I’m currently on a 5 mg dose of Mounjaro. I am in my 7th week, have lost 10 lbs. and my A1c is down from 5.9 to 5.3. Along with heartburn, fatigue and occasional burping, on each 2nd night after injecting, I wake up so nauseous that I vomit. Even with all that, I’m very happy with my results and plan on sticking with this medication. Just hope the side effects improve!

Diabetussux | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months |
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

I have been on 5mg for two weeks now. I haven't lost any weight, even with healthy eating. I have had several episodes of hypoglycemia. I've been awaken by my CGM with BG in the 50's every night this week. No nausea, muscle aches or other side effects. Not impressed with Mounjaro so far

Susanr | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

Started 8 days ago on 2.5 dose. Went from 170 to 163.5 in 7 days, so 6.5 lbs. Morning blood dropped 170 to 116 this am. Very few side effects, such as a few burps and did get low one afternoon. Significant drop in appetite until final day after first injection, but not enough to cause me to want to overeat. I have read every review on this site and gleaned good advice from all of you. Thank you all! Lots of water, smaller meals 5x a day and no more 3 large meals that might cause gastro distress. I have always been a pretty healthy eater, but I think stopping snacking and no longer having constant cravings is really helping me. I am not following any specific diet other than watching my carbs and probably have reduced portion sizes by 50%. I also started to weigh myself every couple of days as motivation. Read More Read Less