Had a root canal that became infected & wouldn't drain. Needed a lance & drain installed in upper gum, and was put on this RX. It worked well though gave me a flu type feeling.

DO NOT TAKE THIS MED!!!! IT ALMOST KILLED MY MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS WAS GIVEN TO HER FOR TONSILITUS, BUT IT CAUSED SEVERAL SIDE EFFECTS AND IT GAVE HER SEPSIS. SEPSIS MADE ALL HER ORGANS SHUT DOWN AND SHE WAS IN ICU!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEVER TAKE THIS !!!!!!!! MY MOM IS FINE NOW, BUT SHE ALMOST DIED LITERALLY.

Rita | 75 or over | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/5/2021
Condition: Middle Ear Infection

I got to day 3 and nausea set in and vomiting ??. Didn't take anymore. Dark urine and totally bad experience

Peter Ruiz | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/3/2021
Condition: infection caused by bacteria

Caused severe bleeding admitted to ICU spent week in hospital also needed several transfusions. Ready to undergo surgery when bleeding suddenly stopped. Worst experience of my 71 years on this planet.

Anonymous | Patient
7/1/2021
Condition: Acute Bacterial Infection of the Sinuses

I can say that along with Tustin DM it feels like it is clearing up my sinus infection. But, man what a horrible medicine. Diarrhea so bad, after the 20th time it’s just bile. Worst part is the leg cramps, just horrible. Will never take again

Jorge | 35-44 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/28/2021
Condition: infection caused by bacteria

Severe sinus infection like headaches and lower back pain. Took ibuprofen with it and seemed to help ease the pain.

Andy | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/11/2021

I could not get to a dentist for a toothache. I went to the ER because the pain radiantes . The doctor prescribed this medication for a tooth infection. This antibiotic worked very well for me. Pain subsided within hours. Must take with food to avoid stomach upset.

48930 | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/29/2021
Condition: Skin Infection

The pill itself is HUGE! It gave me lower GI issues even though I ate with food. Also made me nauseous. I hated this medication.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/15/2020
Condition: Infection of the Biliary Tract

Big pills but I have no trouble swallowing pills. Slight nausea but less so than why I was prescribed it for. Took for 5 days

jennel | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/19/2020
Condition: Cat Bite Wound

My resting heart rate & blood pressure got more elevated each day I took this. I was nauseated after taking each dose. I developed a headache that felt like a sinus headache after taking this for 2 days. I feel dizzy & lightheaded & my brain feels foggy (hard to think). After day six, I developed an itchy rash/hives.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/18/2020
Condition: Acute Staphylococcus Aureus Infection of the Sinuses

The diarrhea is unbelievable I swear I didn’t think I could poop so much .. The pill is so large almost couldn’t take it .. I’m in day 3 and I feel like I’m getting better only 5 more days to go .

Velma | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/25/2019
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

I found this medication to be horrendous. It caused extreme discomfort in my hands ( nerves tingling, buzzing in my head, peripheral neuropathy ). Burning in the urinary tract, dark yellow orange urine, confusion. I tried to take the full course, but I could not tolerate it.

HuskerFan | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/25/2019

Violent, projectile vomiting for hours after taking just one dose!

HeadaLyn | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/3/2019
Condition: Acute Bacterial Infection of the Sinuses

Even though I ate a good bit of food, I still got nauseated. It took a while for the feeling to pass.

Anonymous | 75 or over | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/23/2019
Condition: Acute Bacterial Infection of the Sinuses

Pi;ll is too large for me too swallow. cant use it

Marty | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/21/2019
Condition: Diverticulitis

I am so nauseated, have no appetite. Feel very tired, no energy. Stomach hurts, cramps, still feeling very bloated. I will never take this medication again!

jajam | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/25/2018
Condition: Acute Bacterial Infection of the Sinuses

This medication caused extreme diarr

anxious ally | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/13/2018
Condition: Pneumonia caused by Bacteria

I took the 875/125mg every 12 hours for 10 days for walking pneumonia and an upper respiratory tract and sinus infection. I had been coughing for 3 weeks which led to coughing up green/foamy mucus and chest pain. Side Effects I experienced: I felt like I was in a fog & had dizziness. I was lethargic and couldn’t keep my eyes open. I also experienced a bubbling feeling in my stomach and urgent need to use the bathroom (diarrhea). This RX made me cough less, but made the cough more productive. All of this sounds like a lot, but it was bearable. I want to share some helpful tips that were suggested by my pharmacist (and frankly should be told to everyone taking this Godzilla of a medication): 1. DO NOT take this on an empty stomach. That is a recipe for disaster as this medicine kills all bacteria and will ream your insides. I've been there. It blows. Please do yourself a favor and have a hearty meal before taking this so there is something in your tummy before this medicine comes in Gladiator Style to battle the bacteria in your body. 2. Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate! Taking this RX with water is SO important! If you experience any bad side effects like diarrhea, you will be dehydrated. Drink at least a bottle of water right after you take the pill. 3. Take a Supplemental Probiotic. This medication wipes all bacteria, good/bad, out of your system. 4. I read in a previous review to eat some chocolate when taking this, so I tried it. Popped a few M&Ms after taking the pill and during the day. I cannot say if this helped, but it tasted great and made me happy, so to each their own. 5. Lastly and most importantly, remember that everyone is different and will react differently to any kind of medicine. I truly hope this helps anyone debating the medicine and wish that doctors would lay this all out before blindly prescribing this. Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/10/2018
Condition: Acute Sinus Infection caused by Haemophilus Parainfluenzae
smonfils | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/31/2018
Condition: Acute Bacterial Infection of the Sinuses

By day 3, eyes were red, burning and itchy. Continued to take since I had a reaction to the previous meds, By day 7 my whole face was puffy and red, my eyes were so bad, it was painful to open. Body aches & head aches. Am not taking this ever again.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/27/2018
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

Hello sir after administration of this tablet iam getting pain should i continue this tablet or shall i stop

elle | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/6/2018
Condition: Cat Bite Wound

I was given this 5 months ago for a small cat bite. It made me very sick to the point I thought I was dying but completed the course as instructed...since then I have become more and more sick and am almost housebound..this drug has wiped me out. I've just had a fecal test and have been told I have nasty bacteria in my gut...waiting to see what happens next...but am still feeling very ill and afraid. DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG...it's evil.