The effects of this drug seem to greatly outway the documented side effects (nausea, diarhea, etc). My results of using this Protease inhibitor along with an anti-retro-viral (Truvada) has been very satifactory. Controling HIV/AIDS.... I am however concerned with the undocumented or unknown side effects... I have witnessed, endevoured & heard of several cases inwhich people expierencing extreme me...

Kate2888 | 25-34 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
1/2/2016
Condition: HIV

Started on Atripla had really bad side effects. Then my dr put me on kaletra and I haven't had any issues.

Edward | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
6/24/2014
Condition: Prevention of HIV Infection after Exposure

no side effects experienced .can easily be taken with or without food .Best taken with other anti-HIV medication eg Azt,3tc

Anonymous | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
5/17/2013
Condition: HIV

take Kaletra with Truvada. Some gastro issues but controllable. wish it had more of an impact on my cd4 count.

HAPPY 2 B ALIVE | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
9/23/2012
Condition: HIV

I FIRST STARTED ON KALETRA BEFORE IT WAS APPROVED BY THE FDA, ON CLINICAL TRIALS. MY VIRAL LOAD BEFORE KALETRA WAS SUPER HIGH AND I WAS SICK ALL THE TIME. THE TRIAL WAS A LAST DITCH EFFORT TO SAVE MY LIFE. WITH IN 3-4 MONTHS I WAS UNDETECTABLE AND STILL REMAIN SO AFTER ALL THESE YEARS. I STILL WORK FULL TIME, (40-50 HOURS A WEEK). BEST OF ALL, I HAVE HAD NO SIDE EFFECTS WITH KALETRA. I AM CONCERNED ABOUT THE LONG TERM POSSIBLE EFFECTS IN THE FUTURE. I SUGGEST EVERYONE TO TRY KALETRA. IT WORKS FOR ME AND IT WORKS FOR MY PARTNER OF 13 YEARS AS WELL. WE BOTH TAKE KALETRA WITH TRUVADA. CD4 NUMBERS ARE TOTALLY NORMAL.

ut1ou2 | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
12/14/2011
Condition: HIV

taking kaletra,viread,and ziagen for 5 years. only problems-kaletra causes high cholesterol-so taking pravasatin. the 4 pills are large and nto easy to swallow. undetectible and incredible CD4 counts for over 5 years. no nausea with kaletra for me.