I am allergic to amoxicillin and sulfa drugs. Zpac is a lifesaver for me and it works so quickly. I always feel better after the first day of taking it. I have had no side effects.

DO YOUR HOMEWORK ON THIS DRUG!! Yes it is a common antibiotic, but if you are like me, you should not take it. I have an allergy to amoxil and any others in its family. I took this drug for a simple sore throat, I was on day 4 of it and thought it was time I saw a doctor. They tested me for Strep and it came back negative, but they gave me an antibiotic anyway. Within 30 mins of taking the firs...

Aelise | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/12/2019
Condition: Bronchitis caused by the Bacteria Moraxella Catarrhalis

I have a penicillin allergy and was prescribed this in place of the other antibiotics. Turns out I’m allergic to this antibiotic as well. 5 days after stopping the drug I broke out in a HORRIBLE rash head to toe. Even my palms and soles of my feet. Trouble breathing and a bad cough now. Never again ...

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/4/2019

I am experiencing a buzzing sound in both ears and a minimal hearing loss. I had a sinus infection and feel better overall. This buzzing is no fun. Will not take again.

Jb702 | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/9/2018
Condition: Bronchitis caused by the Bacteria Streptococcus Pneumoniae

At the end of the 4th and 5th day I got really nauseas morning, evenings, and horrible diarrhea. Yes, it has helped my acute bronchitis but the side effects hit me hard. I would take it again unfortunately if my cold ever gets as bad as it did.

Rhyno | 35-44 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/30/2018
Condition: Strep Throat

Got strep somehow. This stuff works pretty good but I don't know why but about every other time I take this medication it makes me pee out of my butt.

Alliec | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/25/2018
Condition: Severe Sinusitis caused by Moraxella Catarrhalis

This is the only antibiotic I am not allergic to and it works great. I feel better in a few days and I like that it keeps working after the last dose. I usually am prescribed it for sinus infections.

RichJ | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/21/2017
Condition: Severe Sinusitis caused by Streptococcus Pneumoniae

Have been prescribed 10 day Z-pak for sinus infections. I found that medication to be completely ineffective and a complete waste of money. Amoxicillin has been far more effective for me. Now, anytime I'm given a prescription for Z-pak, I get the doctor to change it to Amoxicillin.

Sid | 13-18 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/30/2016
Condition: Middle Ear Infection

I took this medication for 2 days and experienced huge issues. The middle of my second day, severe abdominal pain disrupted the rest of my day. Shortly following, I had extreme diarrhea. It progressed into bloody diarrhea. Fearing something was wrong, I went to the emergency room and was there for 5 hours to be diagnosed with colitis, inflammation of the colon, most likely due to this antibiotic. I was taking this medication at the same time as Excedrin migraine which may have been part of the problem. Colitis causes extreme abdominal pain and discomfort where I am only able to eat a clear liquid diet for days, if I even have an appetite to intake anything at all. Do not recommend.Read More Read Less

Pooper | 19-24 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/8/2016
Condition: Bacterial Infection with Chronic Bronchitis

I pooped for hours, but I'm no longr sick so that's a plus. I give it 5/5 poops

telling the truth | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/5/2016

For me this medicine was great! I started feeling better almost immediately. This is medicine I will definitely take again.

Anonymous | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/12/2016
Condition: Severe Sinusitis caused by Haemophilus Influenzae

Although my condition improved, the new symptoms created due to being side effects of z pack were unbearable to tolerate whereby I would avoid taking it at all costs in the future. Wax

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/24/2016
Condition: Severe Sinusitis caused by Haemophilus Influenzae

Worked well for my sinusitis symptoms but the side effects are terrible. Bloating, severe cramping with diarrhea, nausea, vomiting.

NONE | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/21/2016

The side effects of this drug were terrible. I experienced every side effect listed. I will not take this medication again.

abc | 25-34 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/27/2016
Condition: Strep Throat

Characterized infection on young adult male, sore throat, cough, sinus infection. Possible other causes, however, no flu-like systems such as fever or body/muscle aches. Prescribed - Z-pak and Sudafed(OTC). First day without food, diarrhea exhibited. Taken with food, diarrhea exhibited. Nutrition and diet, normal intake of typical types/groups of food.

rosey | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/4/2015
Condition: Severe Sinusitis caused by Streptococcus Pneumoniae

I have year round allergies since moving to Florida from NY. Everything but my cats...lol...pollens ...mold...dust...you name it. As a result I end up with terrible respiratory infections. After the double dose on the first day...I felt so much better the next day...I was tired but my other symptoms dramatically improved. I have other issues with my skin ( the water is not as good down here) and intestinal issues...so everything gets addressed at once with this med. This is my first Z-Pak..usually on other stuff. Good stuff the Z-Pak.Read More Read Less

MJL | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
10/24/2015
Condition: Severe Sinusitis caused by Streptococcus Pneumoniae

I also have a comprised immune system and allergic to pennicillin. I have been given this medication for different illnesses, sinus infections, bronchitis, and strep throat. I have also experienced stomach upset, ( I have SEVERE GI ISSUES!). But I have discovered that as long as I eat and do NOT take this on an empty stomach, all is well! WORKS WONDERFULLY!!

strepboy | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/23/2015
Condition: Strep Throat

Bad strep throat for over a week. After three pills I was feeling much better, almost human! No side effects after taking four pills.

still sick | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/25/2015
Condition: Bronchitis caused by the Bacteria Haemophilus Influenzae

Was givem Zithromax Z-Pak for bronchitis. Liked the idea of only 5 days but I am thinking that was a bit strong for me. I have never had side effects to an anti-biotic in my life but they have been the usual 10 day regiment. I had some side effects the first day but countered it with a probiotic. But on the 5th day the nausea started and got worse from there. Food tastes horrible and constant feeling of wanting to vomit.Doubt I will ever take this again.

Nanarhonda | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
1/22/2015

My husband took this medication for tick fever. The tick fever is back. But the main thing is the severe left arm and chest pain he has had since he took it. I'm not sure at this point what will happen or fix the problem, but I never want him taking this medicine again. He is in constant pain.

Aubrey | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/4/2015
Condition: Bacterial Infection with Chronic Bronchitis

I just wanted to mention to everyone: I don't tolerate this medication normally, but because I get sinus infections all the time and travel for work constantly, I need this medication because of it's strength and speed in dealing with the infection. I get a prescription for Zofran (an anti-nausea medication) alongside the Z-Pak so I won't throw up and thus have limited side effects. If you have problem with nausea, I highly recommend calling your doctor and asking for something for the nausea instead of just choosing not to finish your prescription. Read More Read Less

adriane | 25-34 | Female | Patient
12/18/2014
Condition: Middle Ear Infection

I've taken the Z-pack before but usually don't doubke up on the first day to avoid possible stomach issues..which usually works, and I feel better the second day. This time, due to being a caregiver to my mom who has Cancer and in chemo, I took the double dose .. Little tummy trouble..nothing horrible , but I think the key is to skip that double dose and just do 6 days of it as apposed to 5.. And eat before you take it. Other then that, I've found this drug clears up severe ear infection, sinus and step and tooth infections like a magic pill.. But definitely try it with the single doses if you are worried about stomach issues ( diareaha, cramping, nausea, gas, vomiting ) Read More Read Less