My dad takes this medication and it does help with concentration and mood swings. The dosage does need to be adjusted every few months, but it does work.

Scaff | 75 or over | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
4/2/2019
Condition: Mild to Moderate Alzheimer's Type Dementia

Started at the low dose and increased to slow release 24mg. Been using for 3yrs. Have had leg cramps, cold numb feet. lost weight-though not drastic. Memory improved, worried that Hydrobromide causes loss of libido, but it doesnâ??t apparently is a myth. Discovered that not necessary to take in morning, can take at night. Noticed a difference in Dementia symptoms very quickly- within days, things much clearer.

Terry | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/3/2018
Condition: Mild to Moderate Alzheimer's Type Dementia

Only been on it for 3 week. Don't see much change so far, I think a little less confused. I have notice I'm having a lot of leg cramps. Not sure if this a side effect or not.

roo | 35-44 | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
11/1/2016
Condition: Alzheimer's Disease

my husband was diagnosed three weeks ago. He is currently only on 8mg which will increase to 16mg in a couple of weeks. The effect has been extremely good already. He is much better, more focussed, remembering far more. I hope we can continue with this for some time. He has had no side effects and is sleeping much better (despite having to come to terms with the shock of the diagnosis).

galantamine side effects | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
1/28/2014
Condition: Mild to Moderate Alzheimer's Type Dementia

In the beginning when I first started Galantamine25mg I felt very well Now after 12 months I can feel myself becoming unsure of my health

Steve71 | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/23/2013
Condition: Mild to Moderate Alzheimer's Type Dementia

After seven days of a 16mg dosage once a day I experienced lower back pain, trouble sleeping, depression, lower energy level, indigestion, blurry vision, difficulty swallowing, head aches, and taste problems.