Like all MG drugs, (and probably many others), one CANNOT TAKE IT ON AN EMPTY STOMACH! If taken on an empty stomach, it can lead to stomach cramps, etc.! (To those experiencing this: ask your MDs! It's right there in the med. literature!) Mestinon gives me energy...but also MUCH MUCUS! (Ulgh!) This is due to the BROMIDE in it! They once had Mestinon CHLORIDE available--I took it, less mucus! But ...

*up date* mestinon i had to stop this drug that i was giving my dog, side effects became worse my dog had so much mucus coming out of her mouth and she couldn't control the mucus when she past gas or had a bowel movement got so bad stop the mestinon either would had to put to sleep still has droopy eyes and congested also calaspes but now we know that her symtoms get better as long as she rest its...

LYNDY | 75 or over | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
3/31/2020
Condition: Myasthenia Gravis

I WAS BORN IN 1941. I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH MG WHEN IN MY MID 30'S, SHORTLY BEFORE MY THIRD CHILD WAS BORN. THANKFULLY MY GP WAS ON THE BALL AND DIAGNOSED IT IMMEDIATELY. HE SEND ME TO PROFESSOR REEF AT THE JOHANNESBURG GENERAL HOSPITAL IN SOUTH AFRICA. HIS TEAM DID A THYMECTOMY ON ME. THE MG HAD BEEN OUT OF CONTROL. AFTER THE THYMECTOMY I WAS MUCH MORE STABLE. I NOW TAKE 1 60MG MESTINON EVERY FOUR HOURS DURING THE DAY. I SOMETIMES START TAKING THEM IN THE EARLY HOURS OF THE MORNING IF I FEEL I CANNOT BREATH PROPERLY.

Rob | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/1/2018
Condition: Myasthenia Gravis

Had been suffering the effects of undiagnosed myasthenia gravis for five months (double vision, problems chewing, slurred speech). After a severe episode brought me to the hospital and to a team of neurologists it was diagnosed and treated. Symptoms and problems were gone in hours. That was three weeks ago. As far as I'm concerned, this drug worked Miracles.

MarciaMG | 65-74 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
5/5/2017
Condition: Myasthenia Gravis

Just started using mestinon made by Zydus, today. I had to increase my dose because it doesn't seem to be working as well. I had been using mestinon by Impax without problems.

Judi | 65-74 | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
3/24/2017
Condition: Myasthenia Gravis

I have been taking this medication for about 9 years. Within 3 hours of taking the first dose the improvement was remarkable. I was on the extend tabs but just recently my insurance has refused to pay for the tabs and I had to go to liquid form. I am not a fan. With either pill or liquid form I often get diarrhea and I drool at night but this is a small price to pay for relief of my symptoms.

Niki | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
2/7/2017
Condition: Myasthenia Gravis

I have been taking this medication for over 17 years. I am 35 years old now. The worse thing about this medication is it made my teeth fall out. Now I am at a loss as to what to do and where to go from here.